OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Stoeger M3020 Noisy Stock  (Read 1505 times)

Offline tman74

Stoeger M3020 Noisy Stock
« on: March 12, 2022, 03:38:39 PM »
Does anyone have any tips on quieting down the hollow plastic sound in the stock and foregrip? I stuffed the stock with grocery bags which helped with the noise but the foregrip still sounds hollow and noisy.

Thanks

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
Re: Stoeger M3020 Noisy Stock
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 06:31:42 PM »
Moleskin or fleece with adhesive backing, archery guys used it a lot back in the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bradr3367

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 06:23:07 PM »
Does anyone have any tips on quieting down the hollow plastic sound in the stock and foregrip? I stuffed the stock with grocery bags which helped with the noise but the foregrip still sounds hollow and noisy.

Thanks

Check out the Beartooth stock covers. I put one on my 3020 for that very reason & it fit perfect.

Offline Cat Trapper

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 09:06:55 PM »
Has anyone tried the Mcnett camo form fabric for quieting down the stock? 

Offline tman74

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 08:41:50 AM »

Thanks

Check out the Beartooth stock covers. I put one on my 3020 for that very reason & it fit perfect.

Thanks I'll check those out right now. I stuffed the buttstock with plastic bags and took some of the noise away but the forend is still loud. Where I notice it is when belly crawling or stalking birds. Anytime a branch brushes against the plastic parts it blows me away at the sound.

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 01:09:58 PM »
I have a new Beartooth  stock cover/comb raising kit/shell holder if you're interested.  It's brown, and I sold the gun I was going to put it on.

Offline Cat Trapper

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 03:03:30 PM »
Does the Beartooth with shell loops hold 20 gauge shells securely?  Their website advertises the shell loops being for 10/12 gauge which makes me think they would be too big for 20 gauge shells. Does anyone make a good stock cover with 20 gauge loops?