OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tube Call Case  (Read 1617 times)

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Tube Call Case
« on: March 12, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »
Does anyone make a soft type case that will hang around your neck and hold like 4 tube calls , so you are not trying to hang each one around your neck with individual lanyards ?  Just a soft case with one Lanyard.

Offline Candyman

Re: Tube Call Case
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 02:23:20 PM »
I use empty pill bottles for each tube. Stuff extra reeds and rubber bands in the bottom. Little camo tape and you are good to go.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 09:08:58 PM »
Hey Greg I’m curious since I only have one tube right now. Do you carry four because they all sound different?  I know we all carry lots of calls I’ve just never heard of anyone carrying four tubes. Sounds like a job for Mrs. Glenda Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 01:11:57 AM »
Hey Greg I’m curious since I only have one tube right now. Do you carry four because they all sound different?  I know we all carry lots of calls I’ve just never heard of anyone carrying four tubes. Sounds like a job for Mrs. Glenda Green.

I was curious if someone did... The reason why some tubes have a beveled lip rest and some don't. Some will have a narrow opening at the end with insert and some will just have a regular opening.  I know of a couple of guys all they use are tubes and maybe a trumpet... I just think a case with 4 slots with a flap cover would give you a good way to carry them and also help in keeping them waterproof to a point ... A vest for these guys is pretty much pointless and a satchel is just over kill for them to a point i would think... but at least a satchel would give them little more options to carry a few more items..IMO... A friend of mine probably has way over 50 tube calls ...

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 08:27:52 AM »
Ah ok I was thinking you would be carrying that in addition to a vest. I see what your saying. I need to get some more tubes myself. I’ve been practicing with mine. I’m getting a little better.

Offline longbow2240

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 08:46:52 PM »
I keep mine in a scratch box pouch I got from Glenda Green. I’ll keep extra reeds and o-ring in a mouth call container in there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Scpossum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 10:45:39 PM »

I have three in my vest for in the morning.  One for flydown, general yelping and cutting, one tuned to gobble on, and one that is closed on the end with side exhaust for a quiet finishing call.  Yes, I use other calls, but I have those available if I want them.

Offline tal

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 12:28:11 PM »
 I've carried several tube calls for decades. Greg mentioned keeping them handy and Scpossum mentioned different tunes, a horses for courses kind of thing. I like them handy but secured. I can keep one (or two) in each flap pocket of my shirt, one dropped under the shirt, etc. Ready when you need it but not swinging free catching on stuff or making noise. I never thought about a multi-call pouch.