North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

On the board! - Osceola

Started by POk3s, March 11, 2022, 05:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: POk3s on March 13, 2022, 08:11:36 AM
Thank you guys. It was an awesome experience that I'll now have to do at least one more time. The hunt was great and I'm happy with everything, he's just not the big beautiful, long spurred Osceola of my dreams and it feels like I have a bit of unfinished business. I'm sure you guys understand that!

Yoder, there have been a couple guys that were very gracious in helping me narrow down a place to burn my points in a public land area and expressed the want for me to not divulge too much. Being a public land Hunter out west, I fully understand their request, so I'm afraid I can't say ;) . I will say I was in the lower third of florida. I wanted there to be no doubt it was an Osceola if I was lucky enough to kill one!

Congrats, and be proud. The hunt you described was fantastic, that bird is a trophy and a hunt you will never forget......
"Solo hunter"

Hoosier2

Congrats! Heck of a hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmar ODonnell

Congratulations, Trent! I know it took a lot of planning and determination to finish your slam. Very impressive! My only osceola is a jake as well, but I am as proud as him as any other.

POk3s

Thank you all!

When I saw him slinking through the grass with a bright red head, my blood pressure shot through the roof. I honestly never even thought to check or could've even seen the short beard in the tall grass. Completely fooled me but as mentioned, it really doesn't matter! Just means I have to go back!

a_jabbo

Heck yeah, POK!!!! Congratulations! One day I will make my way down there.