OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What good are team mates if you can't take advantage of them????  (Read 873 times)

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
Guys,
I am hanging out in FL for most of Feb/Mar (umpiring college softball spring training games) with an eye towards squeezing in a day or two of turkey hunting.  I drew a permit for Green Swamp East for Mar 19/20, but anything close to west Orlando is not far from where I am staying.  Have been working games non stop for the last 10 days (35 games) so finding time to scout has been difficult at best.  But I did find some sign on a small WMA near my campgound and saw a strutter on a farm but was denied access in the little time I've had to scout. I'm taking a day off next week to devote to Green Swamp to at least avoid not going in there cold, but any suggestions from the R20'ers would be appreciated.  Or maybe you know a guy? 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:04:27 PM by xarcher »

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: What good are team mates if you can't take advantage of them????
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 04:00:42 PM »
Jeff,

I can't help you here as I have never hunted FL. I know that others have been there and should jump in to help.

Sorry.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline Kygobblergetter

Re: What good are team mates if you can't take advantage of them????
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 06:29:57 AM »
Try jumper creek. It shouldn’t be too far from you. I’ve never hunted there personally but my dad and uncle had good luck there several years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk