OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Our Reps Are On The Line!!  (Read 6660 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Our Reps Are On The Line!!
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
Thanks,

I passed on another Sabbatical earlier that morning, wasn't sure on the bag limit,
but it ended up being worth it when this gobbler came in.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2022, 10:17:23 PM »
Okay. fellers, barring some miraculous comeback by the Roaring 20's squad, it looks like ol' Zelmo is going to be sending one of our team members one of his custom pot calls!   

Here's the plan:  I am going to put all of our team member's names in a hat and draw the winner of the call and post it in this thread.  I will then need whoever wins the calls to get Al his address and choose a call from the selection he has available.  Al will then mail the chosen call to the winner. 

Pay attention now!  I realize that most of us have a really short attention span so don't go disappearing now that the season is pretty much over with! 

Oh,...and like Hancock says (refer to the movie)....GOOD JOB!  (and thanks for carrying me along for the win!) ;D :D

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2022, 10:26:02 PM »
And the winner of Zelmo's Custom Pot Call is....  (imagine a drum roll in the background)....

Happy!  (Nick)

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2022, 06:38:46 AM »
Geez fellows. I never win anything. Zelmo many thanks to you and to Jim as well. I think what I will do is use it next year to kill a gobbler and then sign it and pass it on to another team member. Hopefully we can get everyone's signatures on it and it can go back to either Jim or to Zelmo( He was a lot of fun to jaw with this spring as well). We can have a group decision on that so tell me what you think fellas. This has been  a great group of guys to share the spring with. No worries about scores, just laughing and having fun while doing what we do. I think that is what this "competition" should be about. I would have enjoyed it the same if we had come in dead last. Anyways let me know what you think fellas. With all these high profile signatures that call will be worth some big money

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2022, 08:34:16 AM »
I like the way you think Happy (as scary as that sounds).    Fine gesture from Zelmo, followed by Happy.    A couple of true GOATs, well one honorary.  I hope I spelled that right.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
You know it was a nice gesture by old Zelmo but rumor has it that he is uglier than homemade soap.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2022, 09:29:29 AM »
Geez fellows. I never win anything. Zelmo many thanks to you and to Jim as well. I think what I will do is use it next year to kill a gobbler and then sign it and pass it on to another team member. Hopefully we can get everyone's signatures on it and it can go back to either Jim or to Zelmo( He was a lot of fun to jaw with this spring as well). We can have a group decision on that so tell me what you think fellas. This has been  a great group of guys to share the spring with. No worries about scores, just laughing and having fun while doing what we do. I think that is what this "competition" should be about. I would have enjoyed it the same if we had come in dead last. Anyways let me know what you think fellas. With all these high profile signatures that call will be worth some big money

Sounds like a great idea, Nick!  I suspect with all of those high-dollar signatures on it, we would probably have to pay someone to take it off our hands, though.   ;D

It has been a great time and lots of fun!  If everybody feels like it, we will look at doing it again next spring! 

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2022, 09:31:15 AM »
Thanks Zelmo and congrats Happy.   Great idea for a travel call.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »
That's a great idea on the travel call Nick.  I haven't killed a turkey with a pot call in a long time, but could promise to at least hunt with it before passing it on, and live close enough to Zelmo to return it to him in person.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
go for it. I will wait to see my mood on the contest next year, but if you beg I'll probably relent ( bold sarcasm font on)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2022, 02:56:09 PM »
Nice touch Zelmo and Happy, real class