North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Boss Tom #9, Jeb's .565 headhunter, 870 youth pattern

Started by Parkerg31, March 09, 2022, 07:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkerg31

Remturkey

I think your being too particular.  That is a fine hunting pattern that is going to kill every gobbler that gets in it's way.  I agree maybe a touch left but I would shoot another one and see if it is again and maybe click your red dot over.  Have you deep cleaned your barrel?

Parkerg31

Quote from: Remturkey on March 09, 2022, 11:13:21 PM
I think your being too particular.  That is a fine hunting pattern that is going to kill every gobbler that gets in it's way.  I agree maybe a touch left but I would shoot another one and see if it is again and maybe click your red dot over.  Have you deep cleaned your barrel?

Thanks for the input! I cleaned the barrel really well before I started testing this season. It probably has twenty shots through it. And yeah you're right I probably am being to particular, it would kill a turkey I'm just analytical to a fault

randywallace

I had better luck with a tighter choke.  Give a 560 or 555 a try with the Boss 9s.  FYI JEBS is good about letting you swap if you aren't happy with the pattern.  Give the shop a call.

Parkerg31

Quote from: randywallace on March 10, 2022, 11:36:34 AM
I had better luck with a tighter choke.  Give a 560 or 555 a try with the Boss 9s.  FYI JEBS is good about letting you swap if you aren't happy with the pattern.  Give the shop a call.

That pattern is a hammer, thanks bud

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Parkerg31 on March 09, 2022, 07:33:06 PM
https://youtu.be/Gk7bBO6fl-o

Choke and gun are as posted in the thread title
Distance: 40 yards

Many times Jeb's and IC cannot be beat, but with a load that heavy, you might also give the Patternmaster Anaconda Striker .570 a try. It works with Gas over constriction and seems to shoot anything pretty good. It shot the 1 7/8 ounce load really well and that is a similar number of pellets. The Anaconda is not that expensive either.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13