OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Boss Tom #9, Jeb's .565 headhunter, 870 youth pattern  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Parkerg31

Boss Tom #9, Jeb's .565 headhunter, 870 youth pattern
« on: March 09, 2022, 07:33:06 PM »
https://youtu.be/Gk7bBO6fl-o

Choke and gun are as posted in the thread title
Distance: 40 yards

Offline Remturkey

Re: Boss Tom #9, Jeb's .565 headhunter, 870 youth pattern
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:13:21 PM »
I think your being too particular.  That is a fine hunting pattern that is going to kill every gobbler that gets in it's way.  I agree maybe a touch left but I would shoot another one and see if it is again and maybe click your red dot over.  Have you deep cleaned your barrel?

Offline Parkerg31

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »
I think your being too particular.  That is a fine hunting pattern that is going to kill every gobbler that gets in it's way.  I agree maybe a touch left but I would shoot another one and see if it is again and maybe click your red dot over.  Have you deep cleaned your barrel?

Thanks for the input! I cleaned the barrel really well before I started testing this season. It probably has twenty shots through it. And yeah you're right I probably am being to particular, it would kill a turkey I'm just analytical to a fault

Offline randywallace

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 11:36:34 AM »
I had better luck with a tighter choke.  Give a 560 or 555 a try with the Boss 9s.  FYI JEBS is good about letting you swap if you aren't happy with the pattern.  Give the shop a call.

Offline Parkerg31

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 08:19:50 PM »
I had better luck with a tighter choke.  Give a 560 or 555 a try with the Boss 9s.  FYI JEBS is good about letting you swap if you aren't happy with the pattern.  Give the shop a call.

That pattern is a hammer, thanks bud

Offline mountainhunter1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »
https://youtu.be/Gk7bBO6fl-o

Choke and gun are as posted in the thread title
Distance: 40 yards

Many times Jeb's and IC cannot be beat, but with a load that heavy, you might also give the Patternmaster Anaconda Striker .570 a try. It works with Gas over constriction and seems to shoot anything pretty good. It shot the 1 7/8 ounce load really well and that is a similar number of pellets. The Anaconda is not that expensive either.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13