OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin's island of "Misfit" toys

Started by paboxcall, March 09, 2022, 01:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDTOM84

Two more misfits that I picked up in the last two weeks

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Fine turkey calls, TJ...

Congratulations !!

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

MDTOM84

Quote from: boatpaddle on April 03, 2022, 10:42:50 AM
Fine turkey calls, TJ...

Congratulations !!

Marlin is working on a wormy persimmon hop hornbeam misfit right now for me. After the persimmon I will only need a mahoe to have every hop hornbeam lid misfit combo that Marlin has made!

boatpaddle

Good deal....

Hop-Horn goes with everything....

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

The Woodsman

Can someone pm me Don's information? I don't seem to have it anymore.
Thanks

wjones15

Quote from: MDTOM84 on April 03, 2022, 10:47:24 AM
Quote from: boatpaddle on April 03, 2022, 10:42:50 AM
Fine turkey calls, TJ...

Congratulations !!

Marlin is working on a wormy persimmon hop hornbeam misfit right now for me. After the persimmon I will only need a mahoe to have every hop hornbeam lid misfit combo that Marlin has made!
I ran that call.  It's a fantastic call.  If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know.

MDTOM84

Wormy persimmon hop horn

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fishr64

Very nice call TJ! That persimmon has lots of character to it. Thank you for sharing.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Wvgobbler

Great looking call TJ!!! I bet she sounds good

TJ3152

For you guys that have misfits, do you prefer using them over Marlin's fiddle box or longbox? I have purchased 3 fiddle boxes and a longbox from Mr. Marlin and they are all sound great to me. I'm thinking about getting a misfit at some point. Do you have a favorite misfit combo? Thanks for your response!

Sim1982

I'm gonna have to order a Misfit now thanks to this thread lol

vt35mag

Quote from: TJ3152 on July 07, 2022, 08:03:04 AM
For you guys that have misfits, do you prefer using them over Marlin's fiddle box or longbox? I have purchased 3 fiddle boxes and a longbox from Mr. Marlin and they are all sound great to me. I'm thinking about getting a misfit at some point. Do you have a favorite misfit combo? Thanks for your response!
Call Marlin and describe the sound you like and/or have him send you sounfiles and make your selection that way.
I have multiple duplicate calls with the same wood combos and none of them sound like one another.
He doesn't tune a call to sound the same as another of the same wood combo. He finds the turkey in that particular call and stops.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk