OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rossi tuffy  (Read 2778 times)

Offline EastKyGobblerSlayer

Rossi tuffy
« on: April 10, 2022, 12:27:24 AM »
Does anyone here have one of the turkey model Rossi Tuffy? I see they have a stock on their site that is convertible from youth LOP to adult it looks only slightly different from the regular stock. Is the regular one convertible on your model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hunter85

Re: Rossi tuffy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 02:06:16 PM »
Yes pull the butt plate off and there is two screws that removes the section between the plate and stock.

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 03:44:55 PM »
I bought one for my daughter to use and found that I didn’t need to shorten the stock at all. Sweet little gun.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 11:54:10 PM »
Thanks for the info, I tried the only model I could find locally that was the youth size with fixed modified choke and it fit my boy perfectly but the barrel didn’t seem like a good option to me. I’m sure some modern loads could do well out of the modified but I’d rather have at least a full.  I like being able to add to the LOP when he grows or if I want to take it out as well.

Offline Curtdawg88

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 09:26:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, I tried the only model I could find locally that was the youth size with fixed modified choke and it fit my boy perfectly but the barrel didn’t seem like a good option to me. I’m sure some modern loads could do well out of the modified but I’d rather have at least a full.  I like being able to add to the LOP when he grows or if I want to take it out as well.

So I think we’re talking about 2 different guns here. Rossi has the Turkey Tuffy which has a 26” barrel, interchangeable chokes, shell holder in the stock, and adjustable LOP. Rossi also make the Tuffy which has an 18” barrel and a fixed modified choke which I believe is what you handled.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 06:54:56 PM »

So I think we’re talking about 2 different guns here. Rossi has the Turkey Tuffy which has a 26” barrel, interchangeable chokes, shell holder in the stock, and adjustable LOP. Rossi also make the Tuffy which has an 18” barrel and a fixed modified choke which I believe is what you handled.

Yes the youth fixed is what I handled and that is my reasoning for asking if the tuffy turkey has adjustable length of pull. The website shows a stock which I posted in one of the photos, that is able to convert and it looks almost identical to the factory tuffy turkey stock, that I also posted a picture of. I want the tuffy turkey for features and need the short LOP for my boy. I haven’t been able to find one locally yet so we’re sticking with my super mag shouldered by me but aimed and fired by him for now. It works surprisingly well with my red dot and the foam I added because my face has lots of metal attached to the bone helps him as well.

Offline G-12

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
yes the tuffy turkey stock can be shortened. as stated above.  i just bought one for my 7 year old. put a tru glo Gobble Stopper red dot on it and with the factory choke I put 6o TSS #9s in the ehad and neck of a turkey target at 35 yrds after I got it Zeroed

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 03:55:49 PM »
yes the tuffy turkey stock can be shortened. as stated above.  i just bought one for my 7 year old. put a tru glo Gobble Stopper red dot on it and with the factory choke I put 6o TSS #9s in the ehad and neck of a turkey target at 35 yrds after I got it Zeroed
Thanks for the confirmation, I think it’s really the best option out there.

Offline Creature Teacher

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 08:33:50 AM »
What choke tube tread does Rossi used?

Offline hunter85

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 12:44:16 PM »
Ber/Ben Mobile

Offline terp

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 04:57:37 PM »