Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Scouting reports

Started by turkey harvester, March 07, 2022, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

Let us know what you seeing and hearing.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

turkey harvester

Went Saturday morning with Huck and we heard 2. Cloudy and windy, but at least we heard the first gobble of the year. Mainly roost gobbling.

birdman67

Went and listened this past Saturday and didn't hear a peep. A cold front is moving in this weekend so it may be a little while before the first gobble. It will be the youth weekend and I still plan on taking my little girl. Hoping to get her first bird.
Loving God's Creation!

dzsmith

I've listened one time and heard nothing. I got off work and wasn't able to get to a listening spot until about 730.... Probably too late , but it was a textbook morning .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

fmf

I went several mornings last week and heard birds every morning.  One a couple that were actually gobbling good, most only gobbled a time or 2.  The weather is kind of crappy now, but it looks like thursday may be a good day for a listen

Dmason3

Here's one of my good spots this morning. We got a little bit of rain recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmf

They were cutting up pretty good this morning.  It sure is getting hard to just go listen without being able to hunt em!

turkey harvester

We got snow coming today and temps dropping to single digits tonight with a 20mph north wind. I'd say the birds around here wont be talking much tomorrow, lol. but gonna get in the 70's next week.

birdman67

Snow is coming in tonight here in North MS. It may delay my youth hunt with my daughter until Monday. But boy is she ready to go.
Loving God's Creation!

dzsmith

Believe it not. A few gobbles this morning . Only a few and only 1 bird , very far away. But it was nice hearing one. 27 deg.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

aclawrence

I'm heading out for my first listen in the morning. My brother has been hearing some birds here in the upper half of the state.

bornagain64

Went out a couple weeks and heard 1, my hunting buddy heard 3 different birds in another area. He went out the week after to a different spot and heard a couple more. Season starts Saturday, so I am hoping they will cooperate.
We are hunting public land, so we will probably have to deal with other hunters too.

aclawrence

Nice looking shotgun. I'm shouting a 20 ga pumper to. We heard 3 gobblers this morning and maybe a fourth. I couldn't tell for sure. It was a pretty dreary morning so I was pretty happy with that. Last year I didn't hear anything before the season started so I'm way ahead lol.

birdman67

We are on the board guys! I'll post the pics and a story as soon as I get a chance.
Loving God's Creation!

bornagain64

Bird down in Fla. We need to figure out how we want to  post pictures.