OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

And now a warm welcome for our next star...

Started by FullChoke, March 06, 2022, 11:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

Every year our team is made up of a few new members as well as our esteemed team alumni. Everyone comes here from different backgrounds and experiences, but we all share a strong common bond - Our love of chasing old, sly gobblers.

Let's take a moment and introduce ourselves to the team, where we come from and any other information that doesn't directly violate our mandated terms of parole.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Kygobblergetter

My name is Brent Anderson and I'm from north central Kentucky. 25 years old and married for about a year and a half. I'm a power plant operator which means I work swing shift so combined with vacation days I usually get a lot of time to turkey hunt. I killed my first turkey when I was 7 years old and I've been a pretty die hard turkey chaser ever since. Plans are always a little loose for me and I just kinda go with the flow but right now I'm planning on hunting Kentucky and about 6 other states this year. I'm looking forward to being on the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyhunter91

this is my 2nd year on the roaring 20s, my name is chris stigall i turned 31 today and i am from ky. my family owns a construction company so i am blessed to be able to have a few extra sick days haha. this year i may not have hardly as much time as most years because my wife and i decided to move to our farm and build a house but thankfully she is very understanding and knows when season rolls around the house work will slow down. i started turkey hunting when i was 9 and managed to have a lot of fun and share some great memories with family and friends while in the turkey woods. my dad had never really turkey hunted and we didn't know anyone to go with back then but after a few years of chasing and learning i killed my 1st when i was 12. i can still remember it just like it was yesterday. usually my dad,stepson and myself put a lot of miles and hrs in chasing these birds and all of agree those spring turkeys are our favorite thing to pursue. i love going and calling for people and i already have 1 young man that is a friend of a friend that has never killed a turkey so i told them we would try to put him on a bird this spring.all 3 of us have been using a 20ga for several years now, i used to love chasing them with a bow and the last year i used my bow i managed to fill both of my tags with it and have just really enjoyed packing the shotgun ever since. i hope everyone has a safe, successful season and we can some pressure on the other teams this spring.

FullChoke

My name is Norman Sisson and I live in Madison, MS just north of the capital city of Jackson. My wonderful wife and I have been married for right at 42 years and have raised 2 beautiful, strong and talented daughters who are out on their own. I have been chasing turkeys on and off since the spring of 1974 when I was at college at Mississippi State University. Back then, because there were not that many turkeys, no one really wanted to tell anyone anything about how to hunt turkeys and certainly wouldn't tell where I could find them, so I had a rather long and frustrating learning curve. During the day I am the senior computer designer with an environmental and civil engineering firm, and an artist at night working in graphite, acrylics, watercolors, printmaking, sculpture, and digital graphics. I am a 2 time world champion of the wingbone yelper division of the Grand National NWTF Turkey Call Competition, but I have had to quit making them due to aging eyesight.

I started hunting with a 20 gauge after I won an NWTF Edition Remington 870 Express at our local NWTF banquet. I have it pretty much dialed in at this point. I will be launching some handloaded #9  TSS shells this year that should make short work of the loud birds. I can usually be found hunkered down next to a tree hunting gobblers on excellent public and some prime private lands here in central Mississippi. I may head up to Columbus, MS to hunt the same hunting club that I shot my first longbeard for a great reunion with old college buddies.

I never grow weary of the spring ritual of this glorious strategic chess match that we play with this magnificent game bird. May they always be rattling the leaves in the trees of our favorite hunting grounds.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

Greetings to our new members , My name is Al Baker. I am 55 and from southeastern New Hampshire. I started turkey hunting in 2001, later in life, when i was 35. I have been an addict ever since. I started with a 3.5" 12 with max payload and worked down to a 20 with heavyweights and hopefully settling in on my 28(favorite) gauge with TSS. I was a welder for 20ish years, moved up to supervisor and then general foreman and now I do long range planning/ estimating and scheduling. I hunt with my wife and youngest who just turned 15. Best day of my life, you cant count births etc., was my profile pic when we tripled. I make my own pots and strikers and am doing R&D on box calls right now. I give a pot call to our teams highest scoring bird. It could be you. Good luck and God Bless. Al

3seasons

Hey guys my name is Scott McDonald(43) and I'm from a little town in South West Mississippi. Was glad to get the invite to be on the team for another year. I'm a instrumentation and controls technician at a nuclear power plant that will literally drain the life out of you. We're in an outage right now through late April but I chose to work night shift so I wouldn't miss a morning in the woods. It's a grind but it does pay for this disease I have of chasing this wonderful wild bird. When I'm not at the plant I can be found in my shop building and patterning turkey guns for folks as well as loading custom turkey loads. I started this business last year and it has blown up and continues to grow, I'm excited to see where it goes.  Saying all that I'm backed, pushed and motivated by the most wonderful woman I could have ever asked to call my Wife.  She knows how much I love chasing these birds and helps me any way she can to get me through the season. Well everything but being excited about me wanting to buy a van, she's kinda balking at that one, LOL she watches to much murder on TV.

Even though work is crazy again this year I plan to have all my shop work caught up by the start of the season and I've got some time carved out of this outage for my sanity. Hoping to see some sunrises in a few new states this year with a few of the guys(BBR and Hennedup) on the team and the Good Lord willing we'll find a bird or three willing to play.  If I didn't like eating them so much I'd prob just take a pic of them and let them walk. It's hard to explain to people that just don't know.

I'll be toting my 870 20ga and maybe my little 410 some this year.  Best of luck guys, stay safe!!

BBR12

Hello again teammates, Bradley Reid from S. Mississippi. I also work shift work at a power plant so usually have a decent amount of time to hunt. We are currently in an outage; I work 4 on 1 off so not much hunting being done right now.
This is year 3 for me on the team and I want to thank Norman for getting a good group together and letting me participate. It has been fun. I do have a couple trips planned and hope to hit a few states if the birds will cooperate. Good luck to everyone this year!