Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I may have a problem

Started by zelmo1, March 05, 2022, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I may be a little early, but you can't be too ready.

FullChoke

Problem? I don't see a problem. Just so long as there's not a rifle in that group.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

12 on the bottom, 2 20's and 3 28's

Kygobblergetter

A 28 is gonna be my next purchase. Which is your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I like them all for different reasons. We are going to the 28, hence 3 of them, lol. The 28 with an Indian Creek choke and my TSS hand loads are wicked. I don't overstuff the loads and they pattern better. Less pellets, but less waste too. I.5 oz loads are brutal to shoot too. I came up with a 1.25 oz load of TSS 9's that is really good. Both 20's have killed a lot of turkeys. And I was using the 12 when I tripled with my wife and daughter. So I like them all. Can only shoot one at a time so I am going with the Sa-28 to start with.

xarcher

Your post made me pause and think about the problem I have. 12 shotguns and 6 of them have killed turkeys. There's only 1 I won't take in the woods cause it's too purty. Maybe I should focus on popping the cherry on the other 5.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

zelmo1

I am going lighter and the 28 patterns out really nice

mightyjoeyoung

I have 7 purpose built turkey guns. You'll be aight. Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

reflexl

Looks like my birthday present fixing to be packed. No problem there. Send em on.