OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tri star viper g2

Started by Boonelli14, March 05, 2022, 12:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boonelli14

Just went whole hog on the 20ga TSS train. I ordered a Tri star viper g2 in bottomland/burnt bronze, carlsons long beard choke, 3" Apex TSS #9's, and 3" turkey ninja TSS #8.5's. I will be putting a vortex venom on the rail. I did as much research as I could on the Tri star viper. Any recent feedback on this gun? Good or bad?!  I've seen a couple members on here that have it and are very happy with it

Gmed

You'll never carry a 12 again. If that choke doesn't work, I'll bet a .562 (either Sumtoy or Indian Creek) will. Haven't seen many 20s that the .562 wasn't money in....

Boonelli14

Great to hear! Thanks for the info on the choke. Seems like a lot of guys are having great results with the long bear choke so I grabbed one for a starting point

BigCat

I have carried a Raptor Tri-Star 20 gauge for 4 years now and have never had any jams, ftf, or any foul-ups with this gun. For in the woods hunting I shoot a Carlson .568  and if I'm in more open fields I have the Carlson.555 choke. I don't shoot the TTS, just Winchester Lb's #6's, they give me the pattern that I want without paying $10.00 a shell. I have no experience with the TSS, but for the woods, fields and mountains that I hunt the little Tri-Star and the chokes and load that I mentioned does very well for me. Good luck with your new Tri-Star.

harleytom

Quote from: Gmed on March 05, 2022, 12:56:28 PM
You'll never carry a 12 again. If that choke doesn't work, I'll bet a .562 (either Sumtoy or Indian Creek) will. Haven't seen many 20s that the .562 wasn't money in....
Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtstrutter

I have the same exact set up. Bought it last year. I've shot 4 birds with it now. Longest shot was 58 yards. Bird flopped once. Closest shot was 30ish yards. Like the others have said. I'll never carry my 12ga again.