turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Binoculars for Turkey Hunting.

Started by WildTigerTrout, March 04, 2022, 01:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingwoodsman

He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not lose. (Jim Elliot)

Spark352

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I've got a pair of Swarovski 8x42's but I find them much too bulky and heavy for turkey hunting. As mentioned earlier I'm looking real hard at picking up a pair of Kowa BD II XD 6.5x32mm or a pair of Swaro 8x30 CL's. I know the Swaro's would probably be better glass but I like the idea of the Kowa's just to leave in the truck during the off-season.

wbpc

Leupold bx4 pro 8x32's have been great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Same glasses I use for archery deer.

Nikon Pro 7 10x42's on a Crooked Horn Bino System.

I spend more time looking at songbirds and other things with them than anything else.  But I like the 10X for picking out an Eastern's red head poking from behind the side of a tree 100 yards through the woods or a piece of a Merriam's in a meadow 800 yards away through some Ponderosa pine.

The glasses are what some might find bulky.  But I've never once wished for something smaller.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Turkeybutt

I'm using a Nikon 10x36 Drury Outdoors Monarch in Mossy Oak Obsession using a Crooked Horn Bino System.
They work well for me

dzsmith

That's what I do . In the southern woods , I just use my rangefinder . When I hunt more open areas where I absolutely know i need binos . I put my harness on with my 10x42 Leica trinovids that I actually won lol. I shot 2 turkeys this year with the harness on and my best. It does make swinging to the left difficult. But not impossible .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

lunghit

I use Vortex Diamonback HD 8X32 for both turkey and deer. I had 10x42 but sold them because I wanted to lighten the load. 8X32 is perfect for the eastern woods I hunt.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

kayl

Quote from: lunghit on May 10, 2022, 05:13:02 PM
I use Vortex Diamonback HD 8X32 for both turkey and deer. I had 10x42 but sold them because I wanted to lighten the load. 8X32 is perfect for the eastern woods I hunt.

That's the pair I'm getting. I have a pair of Bushnell 7x50, but I want something more compact. The 8x32 Diamondbacks looked great at Bass Pro.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

kayl

Quote from: kayl on May 10, 2022, 11:15:03 PM

That's the pair I'm getting. I have a pair of Bushnell 7x50, but I want something more compact. The 8x32 Diamondbacks looked great at Bass Pro.

Another option may be the Vortex Solo monocular. I've already ordered the 8x32 binos, but I've got half a mind to get the 10x35 monocular too...

hawk1958

Steiner Predator AF 8x30 #2045 Binoculars work great for me.

I tried smaller compact binoculars but couldn't see  the details like I wanted.

The optical design keeps everything in focus, near and far. Lightweight and compact, the 8x30 the Steiners have great optics and work great with eyeglasses.

hawk58

ChesterCopperpot

I carry some Cabelas Intensity HD 8x25 in a Marsupial rangefinder pouch and I absolutely love that set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunghit

I love them and I'm sure you will too. Very clear picture and perfect to carry around all day.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

kayl

Quote from: lunghit on May 21, 2022, 05:45:19 AM

I love them and I'm sure you will too. Very clear picture and perfect to carry around all day.

They are great. Ended up picking up a set of Diamondback HD 10x42s for a trip to Yellowstone too...I'm set for binos for a while! Lol

tak

Maven 8x32 monocular. They fit in my bib pocket which is handy since I don't wear a vest.