OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Red dot on Mossberg 835 help  (Read 3539 times)

Offline jhoward11

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Red dot on Mossberg 835 help
« on: March 17, 2022, 10:39:49 AM »
I thinking about a red dot on my 835. I put a Burris fast fire on my 20 gauge and it works well. Anyone have luck with a Burris on a 12 ga? Also, looks like I would need to have the 835 drilled /tapped. Has anyone had luck with other red dots and their 835 where I wouldn't have to drill and I could just mount to rail further up? Thanks

Online USMC0331

• Longbeard
Re: Red dot on Mossberg 835 help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 11:26:20 AM »
Fast fire 3 will work fine on your 12 guage, want to try something different you go go with a vortex Venom,  swampfox king slayer or holosun.If you want a receiver mount call sumtoy, if you do not want to drill and tap use a Meadow creek mount.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
Is it not the 835 turkey? If so that should be tapped? Unless that’s changed or it’s not the turkey model, check for tapped holes

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »
Is it not the 835 turkey? If so that should be tapped? Unless that’s changed or it’s not the turkey model, check for tapped holes

yes it should be tap.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline DMTJAGER

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 12:04:43 AM »
Don't know what year my 835 was made, but it's in Mossy Oak Obsession with a 24" VR barrel with Mossberg F/O front sight and ghost ring rear sight so it can't be that old and it's drilled and taped for a screw on scope base and I did attach a AM scope base made by EGW IIRC works very well with my red dots and micro reflex sight.
I would suggest re-checking your 835 to confirm yours isn't drilled and tapped.

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 01:22:56 PM »
I've had a Bushnell TRS-25 on top of my 835 shooting 3.5" shells for 4 or 5 years with no issue. Hard to beat it for the price.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 11:01:47 PM »
I have a 1988 model, that is the First year that they made them.  Not tapped of course.  Back then nobody dreamed of the possibility of putting a scope on a shotgun.  We have come a long way!!!

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 09:32:11 AM »
I have a 1988 model, that is the First year that they made them.  Not tapped of course.  Back then nobody dreamed of the possibility of putting a scope on a shotgun.  We have come a long way!!!

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Same here, except I got mine in 1990.  I had no problem getting mine drilled and tapped.  Killed most of my turkeys with that gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.