OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: My off season  (Read 1400 times)

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
My off season
« on: March 09, 2022, 11:04:37 AM »
How was everyone's huntin season? duck, deer etc? Here is a little of my off season waiting on gobbler time.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Online eddie234

• Longbeard
Re: My off season
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 01:51:07 PM »
Nice!! My off season sucked, Was short handed at work because of Covid, wasn’t able to get out at all during archery season and only first two days of rifle season.
Finally back to full staff so I’m hoping to get out a good bit for spring Turkey. Got one more project to get done at the house which I should be able to finish up this weekend then I’ll be able to get some scouting in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 02:22:44 PM »
Dang Don, that's impressive for Mississippi. Seems like you were as busy butchering and processing meat as anything probably. I live in deer Mecca and couldn't manage to put a shooter buck in front of me while hunting all fall, and I had some dandies on camera. One of my buddies got his first ever while I was with him in Missouri for rifle season and I was a bit jealous of his beginners luck. The buck was tending does at sunrise in the bean field, and that was his last mistake. Should've went to go hide knowing it was opening day of gun season. I gave up around mid-December on deer because our waterfowl season was starting to get really good. My waterfowl group killed 787 ducks and geese this year in total, a quite ironic number to finish on for flights cancelled. Twelve of the birds we killed of the 787 happened to be banded, and I only won one of those draws. It was my best waterfowl season ever by far.

To top it all I had my second child, making me now a girl dad as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
My off season
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 03:37:11 PM »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 07:43:59 PM by ChesterCopperpot »

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 05:43:17 PM »
Every year I wind up posting in some team’s private forum by mistake because of the way topics show up in the feed on Tapatalk. I apologize. Like seeing your deer pictures, though, and that graveyard pigeon shoot looks like a Louisiana Saturday night

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 06:53:46 PM »
Every year I wind up posting in some team’s private forum by mistake because of the way topics show up in the feed on Tapatalk. I apologize. Like seeing your deer pictures, though, and that graveyard pigeon shoot looks like a Louisiana Saturday night

No problem, looks like you had a great time!

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »
Outstanding Sawyer! Congrats on the new baby!

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 07:50:47 PM »
Outstanding Sawyer! Congrats on the new baby!
Thank you brother! You were the first person that I had told we were expecting, considering we were in Wisco together at camp when I found out! Lol.

Online Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 02:43:03 PM »
Congrats, Sawyer! If you hadn't killed a thing, that beautiful baby girl would've made for the best "off-season", anyway!

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2022, 08:34:53 AM »
Looks like ya'll have had a fun season leading up to the most favorite of them all. Congrats on the daughter Sawyer, they'll find a soft spot you didn't even know you had.