Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Where and When

Started by GobbleNut, March 03, 2022, 08:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Ha! It ain't usually that easy for me around here. Kinda glad it isn't. I am really looking forward to some time in the woods. I look forward to my first turkey hunt of the year like a kid looks forward to Christmas.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

reflexl

Quote from: crow on April 08, 2022, 11:00:27 AM
Quote from: Happy on April 08, 2022, 07:13:10 AM
I still have a little over a week to go but I am really itchin to hunt. Have plenty of scouting still to do so it will be nice to be in the woods now that the weather is starting to break. I like to keep a low profile the first week or two of season till after the part timers wear themselves out.

If you hunt with half of the patience you had explaining technology to me you should tag out in 1 and 1/3rd of a day

Blessed with patience. I worked the dinosaur bird for 4 hours.

crow

Nice gobbler, looks like he hangs out on a rocky ridge

reflexl

With the spur caps gone they were still 1 3/8". 28lbs 7oz. Scars all over from fighting. His head was huge. Very old bird. He was tough to kill.

reflexl

Opens Saturday. Weather was supposed to be perfect now we have a 74% chance of severe thunderstorms. Not good.

West Augusta

We open Monday.  The weather looks like it is choosing the turkey's side this year.  :character0029: :character0029:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eggshell

Starting in Ky tomorrow

Happy

Season opens Monday but holding off for a bit as the weather is not looking good. If I am gonna burn work days it ain't gonna be in bad weather.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

randy6471

Good luck and safe hunting guys. We got another couple weeks before our season opens here.