OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Here We Go!!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Here We Go!!
« on: March 02, 2022, 06:54:52 PM »
Alrightee then!  Time to get serious about kickin' some A and takin' some names!  ...or at least talking like we are gonna!  I'll work on getting all the sticky topics organized and posted, but until then, everybody feel free to jump in here or start some threads on just how "bbaaaadd" the GOATS are!   ;D :D

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: Here We Go!!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 07:26:24 PM »
Good to be here. Just don't start no threads like what gun are you hunting with or whats your go to turkey call. I suspect we all have what we need and what we are gonna do. We just need to pass the time till kickoff and maybe tell some hunting stories(with embellishments of course) and maybe start a pole for OG votes on who is gonna take it this year. Be a good way to involve all the forum members and have some fun. I ain't to concerned with winning it but I sure would like to have the most fun at it. We definitely are contenders though if good looks and running our mouths counts for anything
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 08:36:18 PM by Happy »

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »
I’m two for two.   Not sure which category I excel the most in, good looks or trash talking.   I’m also rank pretty high in the wisdumb category.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 08:11:48 PM »
I sure am ready to shoot one in the face.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 09:34:50 PM »
Tuesday I watched a Primos turkey show.
I'm about to close the deal on my first shotgun, hopefully will find some bullets for it

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 10:28:45 PM »
Good to be here. Just don't start no threads like what gun are you hunting with or whats your go to turkey call. I suspect we all have what we need and what we are gonna do. We just need to pass the time till kickoff and maybe tell some hunting stories(with embellishments of course) and maybe start a pole for OG votes on who is gonna take it this year. Be a good way to involve all the forum members and have some fun. I ain't to concerned with winning it but I sure would like to have the most fun at it. We definitely are contenders though if good looks and running our mouths counts for anything
Lol

I don't need a new gun but I had some embarrassingly dirty ones that I cleaned the other day.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 07:41:20 AM »
Already listening to birds behind the house. Been talking to landowners on a couple my spots. Now my Maple season is over I will start some scouting. I  know the birds will split up and move before season, but I'll have an idea what's around. This contest actually has me more engaged this year. I haven't scouted in years. I usually make one walk through the family farm a day or two before season and that's it. The birds are usually in the same places. I will confess. I am extremely fortunate I have over 1,000 acres of private land pretty much all to myself and behind locked gates. Now that we only get one tag, and I'm in this contest I will scout a good scorable bird or two and focus on them. For years i have just killed what came to the call, no picking. That is changing this year. Of course I won't be as picky in out of state hunts in Ky. and South Dakota. I have a pretty good handle on Ky. and can make multiple trips there, so can be a little choosy there, but SD is another issue. In SD I'm pulling the trigger on the first gobbler that shows up and just hoping one shows up.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 08:20:52 AM »
I'm gathering and checking gear for Florida.  Lord willing I'll be there.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 08:59:25 AM »
I'm just proud to be here! I am planning on putting another bird in the record book but I aint figured out how to score a butterball yet. Work stress is beating me up so I need some turkey time. I love hunting with my muzzle loading shotguns and my antiques shotguns and calls as well. yep I would say most of us have what we need. I know old timberjack86 will smash a head or two.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 09:41:34 AM »
I’ve never done this contest before either.  Still don’t know how to measure a snood properly.  Having just moved to Maine from New Mexico this summer, I’ll be starting from scratch in finding places to hunt.  Unlike New Mexico, there is very little public land here, but the other side of that coin is that accessing unposted land for hunting is “presumed permissible”.  Finding turkeys hasn’t been difficult but figuring out how to get to them legally through the patchwork of posted land will be more of a challenge. I’ve been playing around with trial subscriptions of OnX, HuntStand, and Gaia. Glad to be here. Enjoying the major league smack talk.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 02:56:28 PM by Rapscallion Vermilion »

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »
I’ve never done this contest before either.  Still don’t know how to measure a snood properly.  Having just moved to Freeport, Maine from Albuquerque, New Mexico this summer, I’ll be starting from scratch in finding places to hunt.  Unlike New Mexico, there is very little public land here, but the other side of that coin is that accessing unposted land for hunting is “presumed permissible”.  Finding turkeys hasn’t been difficult but figuring out how to get to them legally through the patchwork of posted land will be more of a challenge. I’ve been playing around with trial subscriptions of OnX, HuntStand, and Gaia. Glad to be here. Enjoying the major league smack talk.

Anyway you can mail me a moose? Probably take a big envelope.

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 01:03:05 PM »
I’ve never done this contest before either.  Still don’t know how to measure a snood properly.  Having just moved to Freeport, Maine from Albuquerque, New Mexico this summer, I’ll be starting from scratch in finding places to hunt.  Unlike New Mexico, there is very little public land here, but the other side of that coin is that accessing unposted land for hunting is “presumed permissible”.  Finding turkeys hasn’t been difficult but figuring out how to get to them legally through the patchwork of posted land will be more of a challenge. I’ve been playing around with trial subscriptions of OnX, HuntStand, and Gaia. Glad to be here. Enjoying the major league smack talk.

Anyway you can mail me a moose? Probably take a big envelope.

Lol - Sure thing, when I have an extra one.  Flat rate Priority Mail is the way to go for something that big.  I'll be putting in for the draw soon.  At least here I can build up points.  (New Mexico's draw system sucks)

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 03:02:53 PM »
  (New Mexico's draw system sucks)

You don't want to get me started on THAT particular topic, so I better stick to the subject at hand...   :toothy9:

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 07:03:32 PM »
I'm just proud to be here! I am planning on putting another bird in the record book but I aint figured out how to score a butterball yet. Work stress is beating me up so I need some turkey time. I love hunting with my muzzle loading shotguns and my antiques shotguns and calls as well. yep I would say most of us have what we need. I know old timberjack86 will smash a head or two.
I hope so buddy, the buzz at work is 5 10s starting next week, but I've done told em I will take off when I get ready to hunt!

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 09:56:52 PM »
I am now sleeping with Col. Tom Kelly's audio books on the CD player set on continuous replay at night.