Main Menu

Franchi Affinity, Trulock 585, Apex GT20 #9

Started by Vinci1964, February 27, 2022, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinci1964

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

J Gilbert

I just had the same choke delivered last week and am hoping my results are exactly what you've got there.  I'm going to alternate between the .585 Trulock and a .570 Sumtoy depending on where I'm hunting - Trulock for places where I'm expecting closer shots (thicker, steeper, etc.) and Sumtoy everywhere else for a little hotter core (~320ish in the 10" at 40 yards)

Vinci1964

Quote from: J Gilbert on March 04, 2022, 10:11:11 AM
I just had the same choke delivered last week and am hoping my results are exactly what you've got there.  I'm going to alternate between the .585 Trulock and a .570 Sumtoy depending on where I'm hunting - Trulock for places where I'm expecting closer shots (thicker, steeper, etc.) and Sumtoy everywhere else for a little hotter core (~320ish in the 10" at 40 yards)

I do something similar. I will use the Franchi during the first part of the season with the new 585 Pinhoti choke coupled with #9 TSS. The woods are open so i like having an open choke for a nervous gobbler.

I will switch to a 12 gauge during the second half of the season with 2 oz TSS #9 to account for the additional foliage and brush.  It gets me that 300ish in the 10 circle at 40 yards.