turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bps 10 .710 I.C. Various loads

Started by the Ward, February 25, 2022, 06:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Ok! I think I got the Tapatalk to work so I can finally post pics. Yay! Shots were taken at 30 yards as range was flooded. Ammo used is marked on targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

Well it isn't working

the Ward

the Ward

I think we have success but I double posted one pic

the Ward

I fixed the slightly high poi by going to a champion easy hit 3mm green fiber optic bead. This tapatalk is kind off wonky to use. Raised my blood pressure a little lol!

jerf

Do they  still make the  duplex load?

the Ward

Quote from: jerf on February 25, 2022, 10:02:02 PM
Do they  still make the  duplex load?
No unfortunately they discontinued them years ago. They are a good shooting lead shell if you can find them. I scoured small local gun shows and would run across old boxes of shells guys were getting rid of.I normally pattern on big pieces of paper, but the day i shot these i only had a couple with me so i had to use the smaller turkey head ones. 30 yard range was because we had some flooding where we shoot due to heavy rain, and that was as far as we could put out the target stand.

jerf

The 5 shot did good. I have a Indian creek 710. Will try them out in my nef.

the Ward

Quote from: jerf on February 26, 2022, 07:57:02 AM
The 5 shot did good. I have a Indian creek 710. Will try them out in my nef.
Awesome! I think you will be happy how they shoot from that choke. Post up some pics after you pattern them if you can. All my shots were with a dirty barrel, i think it would have picked up some on the 10" count if i swabbed between shots. I normally do that when patterning, but i didn't have a 10 gauge brush with me that day.