turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Affinity 3 Elite Turkey

Started by compton30, February 24, 2022, 02:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

Picking one up today. I see it comes with two Rhino chokes. I'd never heard of them so I checked out their website and their chokes are pretty expensive.

Was wondering if anyone else tried the chokes and what they thought. Any info is appreciated!

freakyhen

I have the affinity 3 turkey and tried the rhino chokes. They were alright but not my favorite, patterns weren't as even as other chokes I have tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compton30

Quote from: freakyhen on February 25, 2022, 02:43:42 PM
I have the affinity 3 turkey and tried the rhino chokes. They were alright but not my favorite, patterns weren't as even as other chokes I have tried

Thanks for the response! Which chokes did you prefer over the Rhino chokes?

freakyhen

Carlsons .575 was decent but I really liked the tru lock 585

compton30

Quote from: freakyhen on February 25, 2022, 07:02:46 PM
Carlsons .575 was decent but I really liked the tru lock 585

Did you go with the Pinhoti version? I

freakyhen

Yeah I did

Browning87

I have the turkey elite and I love the Indian creek .570 out of it. Pattern on the right is the Indian creek .570, the one on the left is sumtoy .570

compton30

Quote from: Browning87 on March 01, 2022, 11:11:18 PM
I have the turkey elite and I love the Indian creek .570 out of it. Pattern on the right is the Indian creek .570, the one on the left is sumtoy .570

That Indian Creek pattern is a real dandy. Awesome

BINK McCARTY

Those are both great patterns, good and even. If I had to pick one, I'd give the nod to the IC. Whats the setup?

Fuzzman

I tried the rhino chokes that came with mine, wasn't really impressed. I bought a code black turkey and a carlsons .555, I haven't shot my hunting load through them yet. I'm honestly not crazy about the pistol grip stock. You guys running red dots?
Runnin, gunnin, sneakin and speakin.

Greg Massey

I tried the one that came with mine, 565 and it was spot on with the Winchester xr number 6 long beards ... no complain....

Browning87

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on March 11, 2022, 03:13:47 AM
Those are both great patterns, good and even. If I had to pick one, I'd give the nod to the IC. Whats the setup?
Franchi affinity elite turkey, Indian creek .570 shooting hand loaded straight 9s

Gmed

Here is my Affinity Turkey (Mossy Oak Bottomlands - not the Elite) with a .562 Indian Creek and Apex Ninja at 40 yards...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gmed on April 23, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
Here is my Affinity Turkey (Mossy Oak Bottomlands - not the Elite) with a .562 Indian Creek and Apex Ninja at 40 yards...

Can't really tell, what is the top of the target?.. did it shoot little left?

Gmed

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 23, 2022, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: Gmed on April 23, 2022, 09:56:42 PM

Can't really tell, what is the top of the target?.. did it shoot little left?

Just a hair. Moved red dot right a little after the shot....