OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Bowl

Started by Trophy_Taker, February 06, 2011, 05:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trophy_Taker

Lets go STEELERS bring # 7 home.  I got my cheese grater ready.

Matt...

Hognutz

Quote from: Trophy_Taker on February 06, 2011, 05:36:45 PM
Lets go STEELERS bring # 7 home.  I got my cheese grater ready.

Matt...
What you going to do with the cheese grater? I think it is acceptable to use it on crow, before it is eaten.. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bird

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

Tail Feathers

Looks like you better save that cheese grater for another year. :TooFunny: :fire:

Seriously, it was a good game.  The National Anthem and halftime were bad but the football game was very good!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ghillie

:agreed:  very good game...but the entertainment was lacking....I'm kinda an old timey guy...not really into the POP stuff 

Chester

The game was ok, did not like the half time show at all. Glad that the Packers won.

neal

The halftime show was OK but you add Slash then it ROCKED!! Love that guy!

Good to be from WI!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

eemer

As a Life-Long Steeler fan,.....I'm Bummed that they Gave the game away with turnovers and that the Packers were able capitalize on them.

Kudo's to the Packers, played one heck of a game and deserved the win.  I like McCarthy and Rogers and feel that after the year they had, they deserved to win (just wish it was against someone else!).

I agree withthe above posts.. The Game was good, pre-game and half-time ...... not so good.

So.....Congrat's Green Bay,  we'll get ya next year!
Vermont Tom-Taker Turkey Calls!

Hognutz

Thanks for the Kind words. The Steelers are a great team. They have a great tradition, as well. It really was a good game, that could have gone either way, right until the end. The Packers had a season of injuries, to some very key players, but McCarthy never once, used that as an excuse for losing. He still figured that they should win every game. They had 6 loses this year, and the most points that they got beat by, was 4. They were in every game, all season long. If there is such a thing as Karma, and I do believe that there is, it was the Packers year to win the Super Bowl. It puts Brett Favre where he needs to be. Now, Aaron Rodgers has as many Super Bowl wins as Favre has. Period..Enough said about Ted Thompson knowing what he was doing. I believe it was a season of great coaching, (excepting, the special teams), extraordinary play, by a few ordinary players, a great job by Rodgers, and some Karma thrown in for good measure. It is hard to repeat a Super Bowl win, but hopefully all the stars will line up again next year, and the Pack and the Steelers can duke it out again. I didn't mean for this to turn into an essay, but dang it all, it sure feels good to be a Packer fan today..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lohaus

Yes, it is good to be a life long Packers fan from Titletown.  Looking 3/4 way through the season I didn't think playoffs were coming.  Then, it was like big game after big game the Pack won.  Players were injured and replaced.  I still can't believe that every 2nd or even 3rd stringer that needed to step up did and seized the opportunity.  Just earlier this year it was 'No Ryan Grant or Jermichael Finley'.  Now it was Starks and Quarless making plays.  Last year Rodgers was getting sacked left and right and the talk was about the offensive line.  This year, no complaints from the offensive line.  I don't know how many linebacker we lost to injury.

I'll admit I wanted to hang Ted Thompson and Mark Murphy when they didn't let Favre come back.  Boy, was I wrong about them and that whole scenario.  The most happy is that my kids were able to watch the game and see them win.  Not like myself watching the Packers of the 80s stinking up the joint.