turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your combo for '22 ?

Started by the Ward, February 20, 2022, 09:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

With turkey season around the corner, i figured i would start a thread so we can share our 10 gauge turkey gun setups. Mine is a Bps 10 hunter, black synthetic stocks.I put a recoil pad on from a remington that the screw holes lined up fit is almost perfect with a little overhang at bottom. I have a 24" barrel i added last year equipped with an easy hit 3mm fiber optic bead. Choke is an Indian Creek .720 and i am shooting the now discontinued Remington hevi shot 1-7/8 #6 shells through it. I use the Booney Packer safari sling on it. I love this current setup, and took the turkey in my avatar pic with it last year. I will be taking it again this season, along with my first wing bone call i ever made, that came from him.

WildTigerTrout

Last year I carried my Browning BPS 10 ga. "Stalker" 24 " barrel for the entire season. It is a "Turkey Special"  vintage 2001-02 limited run shotgun.  Came from the factory with a 24" barrel, sling swivel studs, Hi-Viz fiber optic sights and factory X-Full turkey choke.  I bought a Mark Bansner" Tru-Glo" .695 choke and shoot Winchester Supreme 3.5 inch HV 2 oz. #6 shot.

This year I am heading in a completely different direction.  I plan on using my Mossberg "Baby" Model 500 26" barrel full camo .410 Turkey Gun.  Still experimenting but plan to use Federal's .410 3 inch #9 TSS shot.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Ridge Rooster

Got 2 currently. First is a Browning Gold Light NWTF model. I purchased a Sumtoy Burris FF3 mount and a Indian Creek .690 shootin handloads of #9 TSS.

2nd is a BPS that I had Comp N Choke cut the factory 26" barrel to 21.5" and thread for Tru-Choke. I sent receiver to Rob Roberts to have Drilled/Tapped for a Sumtoy FF3 mount and trigger lightened. Also sent gun to Mr. William at Ethridge Hydrographics and had it dipped in Old School Mossy Oak Bottomland. I also shoot handloaded TSS #9's in this gun. Both guns sport Vero Vellini slings.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Jmillwood21

I've been using the 10ga the past few seasons. I bought a 20ga to get in the mix this season. Will be hunting with both.
My 10ga is a SP10 magnum 24" barrel.
720 rhino choke.
Shooting Apex 9s out of it.
Love this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

Some nice combo's guys, keep them coming! Jmillwood, how were you able to get pic to post? i have been trying forever to get pics to post and haven't been able to. My son helped me post my new avatar pic before, but i don't know how he did it. Beautiful sp10 by the way, that was my dream gun when they came out!

deadbuck

Plan on taking Old Faithful opening day, and then carry the SP10 some and a Browning Citori 20 ga some when the woods green up.

Jmillwood21

Quote from: the Ward on February 21, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
Some nice combo's guys, keep them coming! Jmillwood, how were you able to get pic to post? i have been trying forever to get pics to post and haven't been able to. My son helped me post my new avatar pic before, but i don't know how he did it. Beautiful sp10 by the way, that was my dream gun when they came out!
I tried for an hour or two a week or two ago to post a pic.  Wouldn't let me.  I downloaded the Tapatalk app and it let you add photos easy that way. 

7shooter

Browning Gold NWTF 24" barrel with FF3 and either Rhino 720 or JH 695. Magnum Blends and Nitro.

Meleagris gallopavo

This will be a year of extremes for me.

On one end is my old faithful 835 that put together and painted OD green.  You can tell I painted it too.  This gun started out when I purchased it new with a wood stock, forearm and a 28" barrel.  I changed it to my liking for turkey hunting by putting on an ATI pistol grip stock, synthetic forearm and a 24" barrel.  Slapped on some OD green spray paint, a Sumtoy base and Vortex Viper and it has scratched my turkey gun itch well enough.  I use an IC .675 choke on it. 

On the other end, this year I'll be debuting the Stevens 301 Thumbhole Turkey in .410 some.  It'll be outfitted with a Swampfox Kingslayer green circle dot with an EGW mount.  Don't know which choke yet.

Both guns will be fed TSS shells using maximum payloads. 

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

the Ward

Quote from: Jmillwood21 on February 21, 2022, 02:22:25 PM
Quote from: the Ward on February 21, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
I tried for an hour or two a week or two ago to post a pic.  Wouldn't let me.  I downloaded the Tapatalk app and it let you add photos easy that way. 

Thanks! I will give it another try.

the Ward

Quote from: deadbuck on February 21, 2022, 02:01:55 PM
Plan on taking Old Faithful opening day, and then carry the SP10 some and a Browning Citori 20 ga some when the woods green up.
SWEET! What scope is on your gun in the pic?

deadbuck

Leupold 2-7x32 if memory serves me right

the Ward

Got some time today, and my son came over to pick me up after i dropped my truck of at dealership, so he is going to help me with trying to get this tapatalk to work so i can post some pictures. Got my fingers crossed lol!

the Ward

I think it worked?

4nolz2