OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What's your combo for '22 ?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline 4nolz2

Re: What's your combo for '22 ?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 08:19:21 PM »
Test

Offline 4nolz2

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 08:29:50 PM »
Test

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 09:46:02 PM »
It's working 4nolz2!

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
.685 sumtoy for both my sp10 and my new Ithaca Mag 10

William is a genius...I sent him the Ithaca barrel with the briely thin wall chokes and he made me 3 custom choke ..2 waterfowl and a turkey

I just went and browsed my 10 turkey selection.. I still have 21 boxes of federal  HW #7 it's shoots at a staggering 1300 fps and ballpark 240 in a 10 , good is good enough in fact that's incredible ..a single #7 at that speed I've seen break legs at 40 yds
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 07:11:40 PM »
Those HW 7's are one heck of a load for sure. Have you had a chance to pattern the Ithaca yet?

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2022, 06:27:18 AM »
Those HW 7's are one heck of a load for sure. Have you had a chance to pattern the Ithaca yet?
for turkeys not yet

But ... I've run about 250 rounds of steel shot through it (with the waterfowl chokes he made me )for waterfowl ...killed all kinds pintails , ducks etc ..the gun is a beast ...shoots dead on with some serious power

I'm going to polish out the barrel and get it ready for turkey season
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »
for turkeys not yet

But ... I've run about 250 rounds of steel shot through it (with the waterfowl chokes he made me )for waterfowl ...killed all kinds pintails , ducks etc ..the gun is a beast ...shoots dead on with some serious power

I'm going to polish out the barrel and get it ready for turkey season
  Sumtoy's waterfowl chokes really work well. My son and I have several in our 12 gauges, they throw great patterns. I have been using a nef/h&r factory extended steel full choke i found at a gunshow that was new in the package in the 10 gauge.If i remember right, I think I measured it at around .750 I.D. Shoots lights out with estate bb loads. Picked up another case of Win 10 gauge steel before the prices shot up, glad i did. Holy smokes it went up about $100 more a case in less than a year! Probably going to get a semi auto 10 eventually, I love the Bps, but the forend is a long reach, even though i have long arms, especially so when wearing bulky cold weather clothes.