turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Score !! 30 inch ebay barrel

Started by Old Gobbler, March 06, 2022, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Picked this up for a song 30 inch ...I'll test it out for turkey and goose loads on my sp10 , I have multiple options including converting it for use on my Ithaca Mag 10 ... I might test some new things to make that happen
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

b wilt

Nice!!! I have one new in the box, never had it on my gun, I turkey hunt with the 25 or 26 inch barrel.

Old Gobbler

Saw a 30 inch sp10 barrel go for $1,100 on eBay lat week , I was flabbergasted

-Shannon

the Ward

It is amazing how prices on stuff has skyrocketed. I see where the company who bought some of Remington's assets are starting to produce some guns. Hopefully they can make some replacement parts again for the many guns that are out there. Great score on that barrel, i often forget to look on ebay as a source for hard to find items.

lacire

I thought I got a good deal on a Benelli barrel on e-bay but your score was definitely a one upper and at over a thousand for the last one sold, it leaves you a little wiggle room on your profit margin if you resell it.  :happyshake:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

4nolz2

the Ward

With the current trend of everyone going to sub gauge guns, I was guessing the prices would soften up some on 10 gauge stuff, but that does not seem to be the case.

When I originally was searching for a Rem SP10 barrel for my Ithaca Mag 10, I wanted the 26". Couldn't find one after 6 months of looking so settled on a 30". Much to my delight I really liked the way the 30" barrel kept the blast and noise away from my ears/face. My BPS 10ga. 26" and original Mag 10 26" barrel would really ring your ears without protection.

lacire

Quote from: lacire on March 07, 2022, 09:19:36 AM
I thought I got a good deal on a Benelli barrel on e-bay but your score was definitely a one upper and at over a thousand for the last one sold, it leaves you a little wiggle room on your profit margin if you resell it.  :happyshake:

This wasn't meant to be taken as a slite, he really did win his bid for great price, the other person that paid over a thousand not so much.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Old Gobbler

Quote from: 457121 on March 07, 2022, 12:09:00 PM
When I originally was searching for a Rem SP10 barrel for my Ithaca Mag 10, I wanted the 26". Couldn't find one after 6 months of looking so settled on a 30". Much to my delight I really liked the way the 30" barrel kept the blast and noise away from my ears/face. My BPS 10ga. 26" and original Mag 10 26" barrel would really ring your ears without protection.
how did you manage the barrel conversation? File at the bolt lug hole ?

-Shannon

[/quote]how did you manage the barrel conversation? File at the bolt lug hole ?
[/quote]
Yes. I took measurements from the bolt catch off the Ithaca barrel and laid them out using Dykem on the Rem barrel. If I remember correctly it was somewhere in the neighborhood of .090" - .100" that the catch had to be moved rearward. I also used a machinist protractor to measure the angle of the catch lip. I used a small hand file along with an empty hull with live primer to set the headspace.

Old Gobbler

The barrel came in ..and it is of excellent condition,

Ok..I own a mag 10 , and I am going to test pattern that with the sumtoy chokes ,

I have my sp 10 too , what I'm going to do is see if I can take the bolt action from each and see if they can be swapped out that way I don't have to file the barrel to interchange

I also am gathering up whatever parts I can to build extra Ithaca and Remington bolt assemblies

-Shannon