turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 Fieldmaster

Started by Matt76cmich, February 17, 2022, 09:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Good for the new Remington! It just doesn`t seem right not to have Remington guns in the field. Part of Americana. I`ve owned and still own several Remington shotguns through the years and have never had ONE problem with any of them. My main turkey gun is a 2005 vintage 870 Special Purpose 12 gauge, thumbhole stock, 21 " barrel in Mossy Oak Obsession. The things`s a tank.

DMTJAGER

Quote from: Lucky Goose on March 02, 2022, 02:52:39 PM
I picked one up last week.  I think it's fair to say they are better than an express but a far cry from a wingmaster.

Acceptable price and Gunbroker don't belong in the same sentence.  I can't even look on gunbroker anymore.

90% of the time I agree BUT
I have managed to snag a 4.7" NIB P320, some WLBXR's and could have had but didn't bid on several long guns that minimum price was fair but they went unsold as neither I or anyone else bid on them.
True GB has many outrageous prices ESPECIALLY on primers and powder, but a occasionally on some firearms bargains can still be had, but aGREAD it's nothing like it once was as far as bargains are concerned.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Lucky Goose on March 02, 2022, 02:52:39 PM
I picked one up last week.  I think it's fair to say they are better than an express but a far cry from a wingmaster.

Acceptable price and Gunbroker don't belong in the same sentence.  I can't even look on gunbroker anymore.

I don't think it's supposed to on par with a Wingmaster in any way since they still plan on making the Wingmaster.  For what I paid (less than what they were advertised for at Midway) for an American made shotgun I am really happy.

From what I've seen the new Wingmasters will be upwards of $1k.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

Thanks!!!  Made my day

Quote from: Matt76cmich on February 24, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 24, 2022, 04:13:01 PM
Can't wait to see if they make it a 20 also
They do, Midway USA was showing April 7th (also said that for the 26" 12 gauge). Gonna see how the 12 gauge pans out and might have to pick up a 20 gauge as well.

tracker#1

I handled one the other day that came into the local Cabela's... I noticed it's already drilled and tapped.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 24, 2022, 01:56:35 PM
Thanks!!!  Made my day

Quote from: Matt76cmich on February 24, 2022, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 24, 2022, 04:13:01 PM
Can't wait to see if they make it a 20 also
They do, Midway USA was showing April 7th (also said that for the 26" 12 gauge). Gonna see how the 12 gauge pans out and might have to pick up a 20 gauge as well.

Midway may have had an all black synthetic stock Fieldmaster 20ga with a 21" barrel in stock earlier today...............  Now they are out of stock and I have a new 20ga on the way with a turkey choke.

Jc69

Has anyone patterned this yet?  This one has my interest since my old Wingmaster is a 2 3/4.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Jc69 on April 21, 2022, 10:20:27 AM
Has anyone patterned this yet?  This one has my interest since my old Wingmaster is a 2 3/4.
This was from the other day with both the 12 gauge and 20 gauge 870 Fieldmasters. Shell, choke, gun, and distance in the pictures on the white paper.

Jc69

Looks Good!
How are you liking it overall? Might be a dump question after those patterns.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Jc69 on April 21, 2022, 11:29:06 AM
Looks Good!
How are you liking it overall? Might be a dump question after those patterns.
The 20 gauge is the compact version and the stock is a little too compact for me. I have a Magpul stock coming for it, so I'm hoping that fixes it. Both shoot true with the bead; it was windy the day I shot and my target was falling over so I was rushing a little and pulled some of the shots. I'm having a hard time deciding which gun I want to take out for my opening morning. Out of the turkey guns I have setup these 2 are turning into my favorites.