turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sitka turkey vest

Started by skimerhorn, February 16, 2022, 09:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

If it were bottomland guys would be drooling.  Haha.

Howie g

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 01, 2022, 08:52:18 PM
Sitka and bottomland shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence... just don't go together  :z-dizzy: :

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Howie g on March 01, 2022, 09:48:27 PM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 01, 2022, 08:52:18 PM
Sitka and bottomland shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence... just don't go together  :z-dizzy: :

Fact.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Dtrkyman

Would ruin the Sitka!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

budtripp

IDK, I always thought the subalpine pattern would be an excellent spring turkey pattern. Not going to run out and buy a head to toe matching outfit in it, but I bet it would be effective.

aaron

Vests are live on the website.  It is VERY similar to the run and gun 200 with better thought out pockets.  I'm not a sitka fan boy, but this looks like a really nice run and gun option.

roosterstraw

There's a video on YouTube. It looks very well made I'm just not 100% sold on it.

lacire

Quote from: budtripp on March 06, 2022, 10:52:30 PM
IDK, I always thought the subalpine pattern would be an excellent spring turkey pattern. Not going to run out and buy a head to toe matching outfit in it, but I bet it would be effective.

I really like the Sitka subalpine camo, it's worked well for me in spring but I also use it in the fall.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

lacire

Quote from: aaron on March 07, 2022, 10:03:50 AM
Vests are live on the website.  It is VERY similar to the run and gun 200 with better thought out pockets.  I'm not a sitka fan boy, but this looks like a really nice run and gun option.

Yah it's up and it already has ten five star reviews  :TooFunny:

It does look like a nice vest.

roosterstraw

Quote from: lacire on March 07, 2022, 11:38:17 AM

Those reviews are from their "pro staff" or people who received the vest for free to test. Reviews were live as soon as the vest was. I have nothing against Sitka and use their products I just thought it was funny.

lacire

Quote from: roosterstraw on March 07, 2022, 12:19:45 PM
Quote from: lacire on March 07, 2022, 11:38:17 AM

Those reviews are from their "pro staff" or people who received the vest for free to test. Reviews were live as soon as the vest was. I have nothing against Sitka and use their products I just thought it was funny.

Well that makes more sense to me and don't get me wrong I like Sitka, but what struck me funny is when I read all 10 reviews it seemed like they reviewed them from there living rooms after they read the same brochure.

ruination

The best is cool...but not $250 cool.

The clothing, that price is just absurd.  Nothing great about it either. 

I'm a sitka fan boy but this feels like a failure right off the bat.
.410 Favors the Bold

FLGobstopper

Watched the video and just some observations I had.

Seems like a nice vest and some things I really like about it. There's just a few things I'm scratching my head on that seem pretty odd to me from a design point of view. For example I'm curious why you would put your mouth calls in a closed "waterproof" pocket with your pot calls that typically are highly affected by moisture and even humidity? Maybe it didn't show it well in the video, but it appears the idea is to put mouth calls in there that will come in contact with the surface of one of your pot calls therefore making the surface wet. At the vary least it's a wet call coming out of your mouth and you're putting it in a dry environment meant to protect your calls or at least keep them dry in order to keep them performing they way they're supposed to. Seems odd!

Also, I'm not taking that bloody mess of a gobbler head and attaching it to that strap on my chest. It must be meant to slide the gobbler head first in the game bag and then the feet go over your shoulder into the strap securing the turkey that way. Other than than a few other preference things I would definitely like to take a closer look at it.

bigriverbum

i wish i moved in slow motion to the sound of generic slide blues guitar when i put my hunting stuff on

only to pull a $5 dollar production call out of my 300 dollar vest lol

that is the best box call pocket i've ever seen on a vest