OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gathering wood

Started by ferocious calls, April 12, 2023, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferocious calls

For the past decade plus I have been gathering choice logs/trees for call making and backscratchers. May have 3K+bf of some of the nicest straight grained lumber I have come across. Many trees are taken from my ground.

Some logger friends often turn me onto yard trees that they don't want to deal with. Great deals can be made on yard trees. I answered a Craigslist free stuff ad for some slate pavers. The homeowner and I got to talking and he had a large walnut bandsawed and stickerd it under his carport 10 years ago. He threw me an offer less than what the milling cost. Planed it to find some of the nicest walnut available.  Can't wait to start into it.

WV Ridge Reaper

Make me a all walnut box from it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferocious calls

Sure thing. All walnut is my Henpecker call, one of the calls in the Ferocious flock 8 call case.  We can pm the details.  Thank you

runngun

Now that is some pretty awesome wood!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mastevt

ferocious calls

First batch are singing. This one headed out today. Henpecker

ferocious calls

BennieGobbler

Awesome calls!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Print by Madison, on Flickr

mastevt

Good looking piece of Walnut.  Friends in the business is a good thing to have for us call makers.  I got 3 friends who own saw mills.  1 real close in the next town over.  15 min away.  Was just up there last week and was rummaging thru his stock.  Scored on some nice figured Walnut Croch, a nice figured piece of cherry, and some Spalted Maple.  Probably cut it up this week after turkey hunting.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ferocious calls

Nice score there. Rescued these and made 2 calls from each of 2 others. Could not burn it. I call them 100.00 firewood.

ferocious calls