OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wifes thoughts on my call practice  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Wifes thoughts on my call practice
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2022, 02:32:54 AM »
I look at it as a bonus. They get away from you as soon as you pull calls out ! Aaah peace!!!

It reminds me of this chick I dated one time. God bless her she’s passed now but she had these parrots. They made all kind of sounds. Even cried like her daughters baby. For the life of me I tried teaching them Turkey sounds. Woulda been awesome to walk in and hear a parrot yelping. Woulda drove her nuts even when I wasn’t there. Never did accomplish it and they never would even try. I should tried them, as cutlets.
That reminds me of a friend that got mad at me for trying to teach his parrot to say "I taste good Shake and Baked. Only thing I got out of it is "Good Shake and Bake"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Turkeybutt

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2022, 12:35:53 PM »
I practice all year with my mouth, slate and box calls. It's quality time!
It's also my alone time because as soon as i get them out the wife leaves to go shopping etc. If I would take a walk in the woods or practice someplace else i wonder just how much money i could have saved!

Offline Marc

• Double Beard
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2022, 02:15:22 AM »
Funny, my Wife says they all sound the same!
They probably do...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.