turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday Devotional 06/06/11 Sowing and Reaping

Started by pappy, June 05, 2011, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

In Galatians chapter 6 it says...." Be not decieved; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap; if we faint not."
Number one issue...GOD IS NOT MOCKED... He sees all, knows all and records all....so first, Do Not expect to reap spiritual blessings if you are sowing in the flesh, let us work together for the good of God, not for the good of man or ourselves.
I am not a gardener....I can barely grow weeds in the front yard...my wife on the other hand has a pair of green thumbs, she can pick up a brown and dead looking plant at the Home Depot and bring it home and suddenly it looks alive and vibrant...she reaped what she sowed...she tended to the plant's initial need...she nutrtured it, fed it, and kept it watered.....same thing with our work in the Garden of God....His created mankind... we need to spiritually tend to their needs, even those that seem beyond help, those that look dried up and dead already, we ned to get out there and nurture and feed the masses with the love of Christ and the word of God. NOONE is going to reap from the flesh the eternal joys of heaven, so there is no social programs or governmental hand outs that are going to work, it is up to the church as a whole to "labor and not grow weary", to bring in the sheaves....to help those who can no longer help themselves to Christ. Now, not all of us have those "green thumbs" but all of us can do something...even if it seems small in comparrison to what some else may be doing, we are not all " Billy Grahams " but we can all reach out, as long as we do it for the glory Of God and not for man. Too many Man Run churches today....and they will reap what they sow, Too Few God ran churches today....sad but true,  so what can one person do? Sow the seeds of Christ in our lives, cast them out all over the world, plant them wherever the need and opportunity arises, watch over them and water them with love and expect the Holy Spirit to take over where we cannot. I want the whole world with me in heaven, don't you? pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

Amen and Amen! God is serious about his Love, so should we also be serious about our commitment!
Thanks Jack
Mike

Duke0002

Thanks, Jack.  So true.  May we remain faithful to His Word, in our congregations and in our personal lives.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer