OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Topic: Gobbler Recipes (My first attempts) 2 of 2

Started by Divenut2, June 05, 2011, 10:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divenut2

Gobbler Meat Loaf

After removing and frying the breast, and not wanting to waste the meat from the Thigh, Leg, Back, Wings and misc  scraps, I remove as much as I could from the carcass and ran it through my meat grinder. This netted about 5 1/2 lbs of coarse ground meat. My daughter and I came up with this recipe. It is a variation of our Venison Meatloaf recipe.

In large mixing bowl, Mix 3 lbs of ground Turkey with approximately 1 teaspoon each of Chiplotle powder, Salt, Cummin powder, Paprika. Add some fresh ground Pepper to your liking.

Shred/mince 1 small red potato w/skin, 1/2 small onion, 1 small carrot, 1 stalk of celery and 2 large cloves of Garlic. (to save time I used a Cuisineart type machine to mince everything at once...takes like 20 seconds.)

The minced veggies are then added to the meat mixture along, 2 eggs and with some Ketchup @1/3C and Mustard @1/4C. Mix well.

Finally add 1 heaping cup of Cornbread Bread crumbs (the cubed stuff). Mix well and put into a Loaf pan (spray with Pam first)

Spread a layer of ketchup on top and place in 375 F oven for about 1 hour (170F on meat thermometer)

Remove from oven and let rest about 10 minutes then flip onto a serving platter.

Serve with mashed potatos, biscuits and salad.  The leftovers make great sandwhiches!
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.