turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler Recipes (My first attempts) 1 of 2

Started by Divenut2, June 05, 2011, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divenut2

So, I took my first bird this year and came up with a couple recipes. I apologize for the lack of measurements, my kids and I kinda winged it.

Deep Fried Breast: Did this on Memorial day and it was a big hit.

First I skinned and de-boned the breast (Intended to keep the skin intact, but ended up tearing it up which lead me to this recipe.).  Then I rolled and tied the breast like a pork roast. Next I injected the breast with a liberal amount of Butterball injectable Creole marinade, wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge over night. The next day, I mixed some fine breadcrumbs, Panko flakes (50/50) and my canjun dry rub together and poured onto a large baking pan. Then I patted the excess marinade from the "roast" and rolled it in the bread crumb mixture, pressing it into the crumbs to get a nice coating. Next back in the fridge while the oil in my Turkey fryer came up to tempurature (325 F). When ready I placed the breast in the frying basket and carefully lowered it into the oil. Cook 3 minutes per pound and check the internal temp 170 F with a thermometer. Remove and let rest on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Sliced fairly thick (approx 1/2") and served with steamed brocolli and caulifower, biscuits and salad. The crumb/pancho coating was golden brown and crsipy. The leftovers (very few!) were added cold to a nice salad the next day...also very tasty.
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Hootowl

Sounds Good and Congrats on your 1st Bird,  I bet you are ready 4 next year....