OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Macassar

Started by Old Gobbler, February 05, 2022, 03:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Macassar lumber .... Probably a dead tie for my favorite wood to make push pin calls , the other being African Blackwood ...both look good , but the Sound FANTASTIC , it's like Walnut on steroids  ....Love the stuff ...with that said I am not accepting any names to the list at this time

I've been insanely busy this year and last , I made a simply staggering amount of Wigeon and Black Bellied calls and am almost done making those and not making anymore untill summer is over with ... That gives me time to be a normal person and actually rest on the weekends , turkey hunt , finish up that 66 VW bus I'm my garage ...oh and yes make some push pin calls. .. the first one out of this block is going to be for me , the second I think Im going to do a charity raffle for a youth hunt program here in Florida..after that going down the list .... The members here ..on the list  come first , I'm going to have to do a slight increase in price due to material costs etc , if I limit out fast this season and have free time I'll probably be able to make more than normal  ..

I have a personal Macassar call , I can't tell you how many birds I've killed with it over the years , it has a incredible amount of sentimental value ...hands down my favorite

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

-Shannon

ChesterCopperpot

I filmed some hens fighting this winter and they were just purring like mad. I'd play that video and then go back and play the one of you running your calls and they're indistinguishable aside from the sound of leaves flying everywhere and wings flapping. That video of you running them things, shoooo! That's a whole lot of dead birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Gobbler428

I've got five fiddle boxes with Macassar lids and at least one of them is in my vest every time i go to the woods.

SwampRooster17

Great looking calls! Hope to hear one run in a month or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Wow, glad to see those beauties. That wood makes unreal calls.....thx for sharing.......nice gesture for that charity, some lucky person is going to get a real beauty....
"Solo hunter"

governor

I hope I'm on the list, can't wait to get my hands on one of those beauties!!!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

gergg

Yeah man, Macassar is a great tonewood, I used it for bridges and other pieces on acoustic guitars. Just rings when tapped, unlike most other ebonies. Also agree with you on ABW, one of the best there is for musical tone.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Greg Massey

I will take a macassar next Shannon .. I believe I'm next on your list ...

Scpossum

Those are nice!  Hoping  selfishly you limit out quick!   ;D  Just kidding. Those are really special and have a great sound.