OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Saying Thanks  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Saying Thanks
« on: February 04, 2022, 12:39:40 AM »
I meant to post this (Well these but I forgot to take pictures of all) that Michael Yingling made for me. My landlords 2 sons and their cousin have been letting me turkey and deer hunt their land for years, they have never really allowed me to give them anything other than a couple of bags of seed a few years ago. I had Mike make 4 of these, the other 3 had each of their names on them and mine is the one pictured here. The were pretty surprised and I was glad I did it, not very easy to find hunting land these days and harder yet to gain the respect of people that will let you do it for free. I have asked them in the past to teach me how to run the tractors and I would work there for hunting rights but again they said no. Finally found a way just before deer season started to make them and myself happy. Thanks Mike for the buck/doe calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Saying Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 06:32:46 AM »
Best tube made! I’ve run one for the last three or four seasons and killed a gob of deer with it. End of this last season two hunting buddies wanted one too and Mike made me another pair to give them. The grunt is great on it, but the bleat is unreal. I’ve had a few does literally run to that bleat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:50:52 AM »
Best tube made! I’ve run one for the last three or four seasons and killed a gob of deer with it. End of this last season two hunting buddies wanted one too and Mike made me another pair to give them. The grunt is great on it, but the bleat is unreal. I’ve had a few does literally run to that bleat.

They said they worked well for them, I unfortunately did not get the chance to use mine last year and did not get to Fall hunt turkey either because I messed up my foot. Went to docs and they did a X-ray but they said there was so much arthritis and calcium deposits in my foot they could not tell if I broke it, dislocated it or anything. Feeling better now though. My right knee on the other hand...... lol hoping that will be good by Spring turkey season.

I had to have a friend of mine son go in and get my blind and all that was set up before the Fall turkey season just the other day, kid refused to take money from me, I have given him and his older brother some calls in the past though, real nothing expensive, just made a deal for a box call from Mike for him though, if I can get my knees operated on I will have to get lots of help from them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »

They said they worked well for them, I unfortunately did not get the chance to use mine last year and did not get to Fall hunt turkey either because I messed up my foot. Went to docs and they did a X-ray but they said there was so much arthritis and calcium deposits in my foot they could not tell if I broke it, dislocated it or anything. Feeling better now though. My right knee on the other hand...... lol hoping that will be good by Spring turkey season.

I had to have a friend of mine son go in and get my blind and all that was set up before the Fall turkey season just the other day, kid refused to take money from me, I have given him and his older brother some calls in the past though, real nothing expensive, just made a deal for a box call from Mike for him though, if I can get my knees operated on I will have to get lots of help from them.
Hate to hear that and sure hope you get to feeling better before spring. It’s one thing to miss a deer season, but it’s A WHOLE NOTHER THING to miss a spring turkey season. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 08:26:59 AM »

Hate to hear that and sure hope you get to feeling better before spring. It’s one thing to miss a deer season, but it’s A WHOLE NOTHER THING to miss a spring turkey season. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Thanks, hoping another shot in the knee with take care of it, problem is with cortisone you don't want to many of them or they can start breaking down the bone as I understand it. Last time they used some kind of gel, worked well and faster but man because it is thicker it does not tickle going in.

John Koenig:

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 01:22:38 PM »

Thanks, hoping another shot in the knee with take care of it, problem is with cortisone you don't want to many of them or they can start breaking down the bone as I understand it. Last time they used some kind of gel, worked well and faster but man because it is thicker it does not tickle going in.

Hope you feel better Steve. That shot you got was called Sinvisc gel injection. Got a few of them in my left knee that was beat up during my hockey career. Yes, they work, yes because it’s a gel, the needle is huge. It will last for months, so I hope you can get out there with us this spring. Real nice gesture with those grunt calls. Be well.
“Solo hunter”

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
Thanks Again   Steve glad i could  help u out on calls     
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline G-dub

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 01:22:02 PM »
Best grunts made! Hands down