turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kaiser GS-1

Started by spurs2bgobblin, June 16, 2022, 08:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurs2bgobblin

Andy has remade the GS-1 in his newer pot style and I've got one headed my way with a sweet maple topped snakewood striker!

I love Andy's calls and this one has a reputation that precedes it. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Any other GS-1 owners out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Wvgobbler

Yeah I have his original one and it's a fantastic call. In my opinion Andy is a very underrated call maker that you don't hear enough about... I have 7 of his pot calls and all 7 are fantastic... Hunter 22 before he passed got me to try a call from Andy and boy I'm glad I did. It's a wenge and yellow heart crystal and that call has produced... I'd put it against any other call I have. Might have to call Andy and get one of these.

spurs2bgobblin

Quote from: Wvgobbler on June 16, 2022, 09:32:53 AM
Yeah I have his original one and it's a fantastic call. In my opinion Andy is a very underrated call maker that you don't hear enough about... I have 7 of his pot calls and all 7 are fantastic... Hunter 22 before he passed got me to try a call from Andy and boy I'm glad I did. It's a wenge and yellow heart crystal and that call has produced... I'd put it against any other call I have. Might have to call Andy and get one of these.
I agree 100%! I've got that wenge yellowheart pot in a glass/glass and it's full of feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Jbird22

I have one of the original GS-1's along with 6 or 7 others made by Andy. He makes really good calls.

wolfman

What is a GS-1?  I have a double sided zebra wood glass call from 2004.  It has always been my go to pot call.

Jbird22

Crystal over a Purpleheart soundboard in a Curly Maple pot.