OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cabelas Tactical Tat'R Claw Sling Mod

Started by spiggy2, January 24, 2022, 04:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiggy2

I've been using the Cabelas Tactical Tat'R vest for the past couple of seasons and I've been tinkering with it since last season. I added a hydration pouch to the back of the vest last season and loved having a hydration bladder opposed to a bottle of water. This season I decided to replace the shoulder straps and add the Claw sling straps. Love how it turned out and it's much more comfortable than the regular shoulder straps (imo). Also added a nylon strap with some elastic bands to hold my hydration bladder hose in place and wear I can have easy access to it. PM me with any questions and I'll be happy to help on what I used, where the attachment points are, etc.

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

spiggy2

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Tom007

Wow, looks good. I think with the crazy popularity of the Bob Dixon Vest, those Claw type shoulder straps will be used on all the new vests coming along. I see O'l Tom jumped on board with those type straps on their upcoming 2022 vest. Great job on your custom adders.....
"Solo hunter"

spiggy2

Quote from: Tom007 on January 24, 2022, 04:16:47 PM
Wow, looks good. I think with the crazy popularity of the Bob Dixon Vest, those Claw type shoulder straps will be used on all the new vests coming along. I see O'l Tom jumped on board with those type straps on their upcoming 2022 vest. Great job on your custom adders.....
I agree with that, can't wait to see the reviews on their new vest. I think the non slip grip on these claw slings are going to be great hiking up and down the mountains I hunt in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: spiggy2 on January 24, 2022, 04:27:32 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on January 24, 2022, 04:16:47 PM
I agree with that, can't wait to see the reviews on their new vest. I think the non slip grip on these claw slings are going to be great hiking up and down the mountains I hunt in.

Good luck, nice job....
"Solo hunter"

deerhunt1988

Mmmmmm. Nice mods! The original straps can definitely get a bit uncomfortable for me when carrying a bird out a long ways. The vest wants to ride back putting the thin webbing on my shoulders. Really like your strap upgrade.

Been using a Tatr' 2 for a long time. My first one started getting tears and had a zipper issue or two after several years of use. Sent it back in to Cabelas and they sent me a brand new one. BUT, the newer one had these exceptionally small pot call holders. Had to modify them to fit a standard sized pot call. Between both vests, I'm pretty sure i've gotten a decade or more of use. I've heard Cabela's quality has went downhill since the Bass Pro acquisition, so kind of leery about buying another once my current bites the dust.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: spiggy2 on January 24, 2022, 04:12:31 PM

Very cool!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ClayR089

Can you take a picture of your water pouch? I would like that too.

spiggy2

Quote from: ClayR089 on January 25, 2022, 08:01:45 AM
Can you take a picture of your water pouch? I would like that too.

Mbhyman88

grayfox

Really nice modifications. The Cabela's Tactical Tat'R vest has been a good one for a long time. I've had mine for many years & it has seen a lot of use. I've bought & sold many different vests over the years but I always seem to go back to the Tactical Tat'R. I guess sometimes you get use to something & you sorta stay with it.