turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

410 HULLS

Started by btodd00, January 24, 2022, 02:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btodd00

Anybody know where to find some or when they will start making them again? trying to make some of my own tss loads and have been able to locate all components except hulls. I have about 10 that were star crimped (not sure if I will be able to roll crimp them) but would rather start with new hulls if possible . Any help would be appreciated

Critter

Last time I looked Ballistic Products had primed 410 hulls in stock
Friends & Family Outdoors
Spread the Addiction!

btodd00

I've been checking semi regular for several months both there and precision reloading and haven't found any in stock

Swampfox76

I just ordered some from Ballistic Products today. They are in stock.
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."
Thomas Jefferson

btodd00

thanks for the heads up, I was a day late when I checked they were already out again. I wasn't aware you could backorder through their website so I'm going to put some on order for next time they come in

Jstocks

Order some brass hulls from Rocky Mt. and use the same recipes you have for plastic hulls.

btodd00

would they cycle through a semi auto or pump? or would they only work in single shot/double barrel guns?

Jstocks

Quote from: btodd00 on March 15, 2022, 12:13:16 PM
would they cycle through a semi auto or pump? or would they only work in single shot/double barrel guns?

I took a pipe cutter and cut length on some. They will cycle.

Kingwoodsman

What was the length you cut them to?
Thanks
He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not lose. (Jim Elliot)

squirrel_hunter

What kind are you looking for? I reload for squirrel hunting. I may have few fiocchi 3 inch hulls. I reload mostly Remington 3 inch long range express.  And Winchester super x hulls for squirrel hunting. I bought 2000 once fired 3 inch hulls last yr.

Jstocks

Quote from: Kingwoodsman on March 21, 2022, 03:39:05 PM
What was the length you cut them to?
Thanks

I just cut them the same length as a roll crimped hull. That gave room to glue the osc on top the shot.