OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How much do you use your tube?  (Read 4963 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: How much do you use your tube?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:47:53 PM »
Kenny Morgan and Joe Slaton both had short instructional on youtube

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:46 PM »
Back in my early turkey hunting day's we used Snuff can's with a piece of no lube condom for the latex .. I still have those old tube calls as a reminder of the good old day's... but the condom's are long gone .. LOL..

In days of old when men were bold and rubber wasn't invented,
We'd stretch a leaf across the mouth piece and yelp away contented.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 07:49:42 AM »
If my hands would let me get the latex on right and then the gaskets I would use them much more, I have an extremely difficult time with them and getting that crescent moon shape though. I think I am going to try one of those factory made ones with the snap on latex this year, I really have been trying with the others but can't get the stuff set up right, sucks because the two I have are very pretty and when I can get the right sound it does sound very nice.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline EastKyGobblerSlayer

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 09:11:48 PM »
The primos pop on reeds would suit you well with having trouble with your hands and stretching the latex Sir-diealot. Order some extras reeds and you'll be ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Scpossum

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »
If my hands would let me get the latex on right and then the gaskets I would use them much more, I have an extremely difficult time with them and getting that crescent moon shape though. I think I am going to try one of those factory made ones with the snap on latex this year, I really have been trying with the others but can't get the stuff set up right, sucks because the two I have are very pretty and when I can get the right sound it does sound very nice.

I might can help you with the latex positioning.  Message me your email address.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 09:25:14 PM »

I might can help you with the latex positioning.  Message me your email address.
I will tomorrow when I get back home thank you, I am barely awake right now, have to drive in the morning, going coyote hunting.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online Hwd silvestris

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2022, 10:27:56 PM »
An ole timer gave me three of the old metal snuff cans with fresh rubber and spare rubbers a couple years back.  He blew them all in front of me and they all sound as good as any turkey I’ve ever heard.   I’m the type if he can do it by-golly I can!  Wrong!  I can’t get a consistent enough sound out of on them.   I’ve tried and tried. I keep them in the fridge and try them from time to time thinking I may get better.  Nope still haven’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2022, 10:53:40 PM »
The primos pop on reeds would suit you well with having trouble with your hands and stretching the latex Sir-diealot. Order some extras reeds and you'll be ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Found a few places for them, can't find the replacement heads though, not even Primos has them in stock.

John Koenig:

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 11:49:50 PM »
An ole timer gave me three of the old metal snuff cans with fresh rubber and spare rubbers a couple years back.  He blew them all in front of me and they all sound as good as any turkey I’ve ever heard.   I’m the type if he can do it by-golly I can!  Wrong!  I can’t get a consistent enough sound out of on them.   I’ve tried and tried. I keep them in the fridge and try them from time to time thinking I may get better.  Nope still haven’t

That’s a great story. I’ve been working with mine just a little bit but I’m nowhere ready to try it in the woods yet.

Offline milertyme03

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »
I have more faith in tube than anything else. 

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2022, 08:48:58 PM »
us them all time makes some of the best cuts and clucks ,,,always got one in shirt pocket
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2022, 09:54:17 PM »
Do you like it because if the quality of the sound or because it’s something different than what everyone else is using all spring?

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2022, 06:56:12 PM »
Do you like it because if the quality of the sound or because it’s something different than what everyone else is using all spring?

For me its both  as with any custom call.  The tube has a totally different sound, and I myself believe that is an advantage vs the birds getting used to the sound of walmart calls.  Even though every person sounds different and walmart calls still kill birds.   My confidence is in knowing I sound different and makes me a better turkey chaser

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Offline barry

• Double Beard
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2022, 12:02:30 PM »
Hey fellas I bought a new tube call last year and really just now started playing around with it. I went back and listened to that video of Mark Prudhomme using a tube. Wow it really sound good. How much do y’all use your tube calls. I know they’re great for cutting and getting gobbles. Do any of y’all really work a bird with one. I know Mark sure could. I do realize it takes up one of your hands so you’d have to drop it at some point. I keep checking in on this tube forum and not much is going on here. Let’s get some tube talk going!

Start to finish for the last 27 years