OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ohio Changing it up some more  (Read 701 times)

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Ohio Changing it up some more
« on: January 17, 2022, 07:42:10 PM »
Well Ohio Wildlife Division is now planning to shorten fall season by three weeks. I speculate they got a lot of comments about fall hunting during the comment period on reducing the spring bag limit. I am a avid fall hunter, but I agree with this move. I would even go further and shorten it too just two weeks of open season. It used to be 6 weeks, now will be three. This will remove a lot of the opportunity kills by deer archery hunters. It makes more sense then a one gobbler spring bag limit with 4 weeks of season. I still am not sold there is a significant problem with our flock, but I am not privy to how the flock is doing state wide. I have read and heard a lot of comments from southern , SW and SE ohio say their flocks seem stable to good. State wide perhaps there is an issue but I am not seeing it here.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Ohio Changing it up some more
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 10:36:37 AM »
Thanks for posting this info Eggshell. Interesting developments for sure. Hopefully it's for the betterment of the resource, and not just to show they are "doing something" to placate hunter concerns.