OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Permethrin

Started by Prohunter3509, January 16, 2022, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Which one so you use to spray your clothes with.
Sawyer spray does not have an odor.
Some has a petroleum odor.
Question which one do I buy.

I was fixing to buy a quart and fix my own.
What % do yall mix it too.

lunghit

I use Martins 10% Permethrin and I mix 19 ounces of water to 1 ounce of permethrin. Works great and I'll watch the ticks fall off. Between turkey and deer season one bottle of Martins will last a few years. And I apply more than necessary.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

rakkin6

I use sawyers, apply at the beginning of the season liberally then apply again halfway through the season and I am good to go.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

RutnNStrutn

Sawyer's. Spray straight out of the bottle.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bbcoach

.5% is the norm as others have said.  Sawyers is .5%.  I will put Everything I wear into the woods, on a clothesline, saturate and let dry.  Reapply as needed during the season.  Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme disease aren't something you want to get, so USE it.  There are several of us on here that can give you first hand knowledge of these diseases.

tracker#1

X2 on what Lunghit says...this method works good doing it for years

lunghit

Quote from: bbcoach on January 17, 2022, 07:02:59 AM
.5% is the norm as others have said.  Sawyers is .5%.  I will put Everything I wear into the woods, on a clothesline, saturate and let dry.  Reapply as needed during the season.  Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lyme disease aren't something you want to get, so USE it.  There are several of us on here that can give you first hand knowledge of these diseases.

I agree that's why I apply way more often than recommended and when I wash my clothes I always spray again. They say you can go a few washes between sprays but not me. If I bought Sawyers I would go through too many bottles and get real expensive.

bbcoach

Quote from: lunghit on January 17, 2022, 09:52:08 AM

I agree that's why I apply way more often than recommended and when I wash my clothes I always spray again. They say you can go a few washes between sprays but not me. If I bought Sawyers I would go through too many bottles and get real expensive.
I buy the 10% and mix my own as well.  Way cheaper since I too use it liberally.  I was just stating that Sawyers uses a .5% mix.  Walmart carries Sawyers but it is about $15 per, for a 22.5 oz spray bottle.  A quart of Gordons or Martins 10% permethrin is about $30 and will give you (32) 20 oz bottles of spray.  I normally buy a quart and share it with my hunting buddies. 

lunghit

Quote from: bbcoach on January 17, 2022, 12:40:08 PM
Quote from: lunghit on January 17, 2022, 09:52:08 AM

I buy the 10% and mix my own as well.  Way cheaper since I too use it liberally.  I was just stating that Sawyers uses a .5% mix.  Walmart carries Sawyers but it is about $15 per, for a 22.5 oz spray bottle.  A quart of Gordons or Martins 10% permethrin is about $30 and will give you (32) 20 oz bottles of spray.  I normally buy a quart and share it with my hunting buddies.

Yes I was just saying I agree with you about ticks are no joke and thats why I load up on Permethrin lol.

bobk

Sawyers prior to the season and reapply after each washing.

Lucky Goose

I agree with those here that mix their own, I do the same and you can save a pile of money.

But wait... you guys wash your turkey clothes?!  ha

Bowguy

Sawyers is a giant waste of money boys. For a penny I woulda bought all they had. I spray it on my dogs, small game chaps, mushroom clothes, Bowhunting, turkey, fishing gear, etc. A bottle still last me years and until recently there were 6 dogs.

Bowguy

Quote from: Lucky Goose on January 17, 2022, 02:27:08 PM
I agree with those here that mix their own, I do the same and you can save a pile of money.

Only the guys carry those sachets , if you're carrying a purse ya gotta be presentable and be thick skinned. Only funnin so take no offense anyone please

Lucky Goose

Only the guys carry those sachets , if you're carrying a purse ya gotta be presentable and be thick skinned. Only funnin so take no offense anyone please
[/quote]

I figured with those turkey purses flopping around their waist it just beat the ticks off.  ha.  yea, just teasin'

That permethrin also makes a good mound drench for fireants for those of us that have to deal with them.

bbcoach

Quote from: Lucky Goose on January 17, 2022, 02:27:08 PM

I wash mine in Baking Soda, I won't take a chance on Ole 3 Toes smelling me and heading into the next county!  LOL!