OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking for info on the new RemArms Remingtons  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Matt76cmich

Looking for info on the new RemArms Remingtons
« on: January 16, 2022, 07:27:22 PM »
Looking to put together a 20ga pump and I'd like to use an 870. I've seen a handful in stock at places online, but I'm not sure if it's the new RemArms or new older stock Remingtons that I've read some bad things about. I haven't really been able to find if the new ones are out for sale yet 100% either. I saw July last year they were supposed to be in stores, but I haven't seen any in stores in my area. All the articles I've found are from early to mid last year and next to none of them have a release date.

I have a 1972 20 ga 870 Wingmaster LW with a fixed modified choke and I do not want to change it in anyway from where it is. It was handed down to me and hopefully hand it down to one of my kids. 

If the ones I'm finding are the new RemArms Remingtons, has anyone here bought one to see how they hold up to the older ones? I'm wanting to get an all black synthetic stock compact and then get it dipped and add a pistol grip stock.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:16:27 PM by Matt76cmich »

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
Re: Looking for info on the new RemArms Remingtons
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 09:08:16 AM »
I’ve only seen 12 gauges so far. I can tel you the ones I’ve handled have looked better than anything the old company had put out in the last ten years.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
I’ve only seen 12 gauges so far. I can tel you the ones I’ve handled have looked better than anything the old company had put out in the last ten years.

Wow, that’s good news….
“Solo hunter”

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 10:11:32 AM »
Thank you. I am planning on adding another 12 gauge, but was hoping to put together a 20 gauge pump and over/under first with how invested I ma in 20 gauge TSS lol. Might have to think about moving the 12 gauge up, plenty of Longbeard XR on hand.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 07:20:56 PM »
In my opinion if you build a 20 gauge, you pretty much want carry 12 gauge anymore.  So save your money and get you 20 gauge

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 07:32:49 PM »
In my opinion if you build a 20 gauge, you pretty much want carry 12 gauge anymore.  So save your money and get you 20 gauge
I agree. My main gun right now is a Stoeger M3020 that I need to fully finish.  The plan is to send out the new 20 gauge (whenever i get it) with the steadygrip that's on the M3020 to get it all dipped at the same time.  Mainly just wanted to add another 12ga pump down the road after the 20ga pump and over/under.

I still have a Stevens 301 20ga that I haven't even shot yet. I really don't need another gun, but ya know how that goes lol.