turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

retay masai mara- point of impact/point of aim

Started by GregN, January 16, 2022, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregN

Retay owners - I'm curious to know from if these guns point of aim is the same as point of impact??  I'm seriously considering picking up a 20 gauge with a 26" barrel for both turkey hunting and upland hunting.  I will be shooting TSS for turkey which obviously have "tight" patterns at the closer ranges.  If point of aim is same as point of impact I'm thinking I can get by with just the stock bead and I would prefer to go this route.  If not, I'll have to go with a red dot or rail type mounted sight system for turkey, which I will then have to remove for upland birds. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Duckdogdad

Just bought 20 gauge with 22 inch barrel. Dead center. Didn't take pictures, but 9 Federal TSS darkened a 10 inch circle at 35 yards...Jebs .565.

Mossyguy

I have one with the 28" barrel and it's been a nightmare. It shoots about 18 inches low at 30 yards with Apex #9's out of a Jebs .560 and the pattern is too inconsistent with Winchester LBXR #5's.  I had it drilled and tapped. I put a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on it and ran out of elevation adjustments. Ordered a shim from JP rifles and the screws are too short...they're even shorter than the factory screws that came with the sight. I'm so aggravated with it I'm going to try and trade it in for the Turkey XT version. A friend of mine has one and it shoots dead on even before he put a red dot on it.  I don't know if it's the choke, shells or what but I've never had this much issue trying to pattern a shotgun.

GregN

Sorry, to hear about your troubles as I am sure that is frustrating.
Just curious, did you run any loads through any of the factory chokes to see how they pattern?
Greg