OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Frosted Glass Pot Call Input Please

Started by Greg Massey, January 15, 2022, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Frosted glass pot call surfaces, what do you think of them ? What kind of conditioning do you do on frosted glass pot call ? What sound board do you like under frosted glass call ? Would like your input please ... Also what wood do you prefer ? .. if you can please share some pictures of your frosted glass pot calls ...

HookedonHooks

Frosted glass is just a textured preconditioned glass surface. You can condition with stone and groove out the glass like a standard glass call, or you can just lightly scotch brite the call if you like it's tune with just the frosted conditioning.

Chris O

I only have one and it is a very easy call to grip with any striker and I don't seem to have to condition it. Mine is a walnut pot and slate soundboard double sider from Chattahoochee game calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Only one i have, condition same as any glass.

doublespurs21

also, can be made either side up.. frosted side down, will not see the inside of the pot, use like a normal glass pot call.

M,Yingling

me i dont care for it,, it just dont seem to run the same as taking clear glass and conditioning it,, even conditioning the frosted glass 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

callmakerman

Quote from: 3bailey3 on January 15, 2022, 07:29:44 PM
Only one i have, condition same as any glass.

I have one of these and have never conditioned it. Love the artwork though.

callmakerman

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 15, 2022, 11:04:39 PM
me i dont care for it,, it just dont seem to run the same as taking clear glass and conditioning it,, even conditioning the frosted glass
I agree with Mike. I used it many years ago and didn't like the results. What I tried may have been bead blasted. Armour etch works better for breaking the top glaze and can be controlled by taping off the area you want to use.