turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 940 pro turkey

Started by skimerhorn, January 15, 2022, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Gun

I have the 930 turkey I use as my coyote gun. Not sure how the 940 be that much better if your using it as a low shell count dedicated turkey gun.  Especially at that that price it should have been 3 1/2" gun for those that like having the option of 3 1/2".

Leadchunker

They probably won't make enough to keep any on the shelves run the price up with more demand than supply

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 15, 2022, 11:17:14 AM
If it had come in a 20 gauge with either regular stock or pistol grip stock, that wouldn't be able to keep them on the shell in my opinion.. good looking gun, but i'm not interested in a 12 gauge model of this type gun myself..  Price is little high, but you have to pay for all that new tooling
My sentiments exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

fmf

I want one. It is pretty much everything that I've wanted in a 12ga semi auto turkey gun. Factory  18.5" threaded barrel, top tang safety, nice camo pattern, straight stock with a low optics mounting point. The only other things that I would want are qd cup sling mounts and a more adjustable trigger like the old lightning triggers.

lunghit

Good looking gun and I'd probably order a 20 if they offered it. I like the cut out for the red dot but it looks only to fit a specific type.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

RED NECK

I watched a video on this gun this morning, from what was said, Mossberg plans on building the turkey models with the cut rail into the receiver going forward on other models,maybe all of them.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

the Ward

Looks interesting. I am surprised they didn't go with a 3.5 chamber though. They will probably still sell well. Most people still hunt with a 12, so it's a good choice from a marketing perspective, more versatility. 

tmcguire

Anyone put their hands on one of these yet? Only reviews I've seen are from Shot Show. Have been trying to find one to purchase anywhere with no luck. Sucks if they are not going to be out for this turkey season.... Overall looks to be my perfect turkey gun. Still wish it was 3.5" so you could still shoot lead, when either you can't find tungsten or don't need the performance of a $15 round.