OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot vs Williams Fire Sight  (Read 1980 times)

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot vs Williams Fire Sight
« on: January 12, 2022, 12:53:23 AM »
Looking to add one of these to my turkey gun this year and was wondering who might have some first hand experience with both of them. Kind of leaning towards the Williams, but haven’t made my mind up yet.

Also wondering if this is something that should just be put on a barrel and plan to leave it there, or are either made we’ll enough to be able to put on and take off every year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot vs Williams Fire Sight
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 09:00:08 AM »
Williams Fire sights we find to be the best.  '
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Vintage

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 10:16:28 AM »
Gobble dot works for me. Have 3 and they have given no trouble. Very satisfied.

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 01:50:11 PM »
Anyone else?

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 04:02:44 PM »
I have both on different guns. I like them both but maybe prefer the Williams a bit more. They are kinda a pain to get mounted but once on they are solid. They are also a little brighter I believe.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 04:30:41 PM »
I have both on different guns. I like them both but maybe prefer the Williams a bit more. They are kinda a pain to get mounted but once on they are solid. They are also a little brighter I believe.

Ridge Rooster
How easy are the Tru Glo to get mounted?

Offline WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 04:59:32 PM »
Gobbler dot pros on all my guns that don’t have red dots..Slip over the rib tights two screws and they don’t move

Offline DMTJAGER

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:45 PM »
Have run a Truglo Gobble Dot on my 26" 870 3.5" Supermag for at least 15 seasons and have been 1k% happy with it. Fit perfectly and very securely on my vent rib.
Its all steel and nearly bomb-proof durable and has never worked loose once set.

I have no doubt what so ever the Truglo GD sight has allowed me to shoot more accurately, allowed me to adjust my patterns POI to match my POA and allowed me to extend my maximum ethical range.

My friends who based on my success with my Supermag turkey hunting also bought Supermags and Truglo Gobble Dot sights and all have been absolutely happy with their performance.

My ONLY complaint is a very recent one of the last 3 seasons and is a issue based on my shortcomings more than of the sight system itself.
Now that I am in my late 50's my eyesight is having issues seeing the fiber optic fiber of the front sight. I do wish it's OD was about 2-2.5x larger.
Other than that the sight is awesome.

If your barrel has a vent rib on top IMO/IME you can not beat the bolt on Truglo Gobble dot sight.