Previous topic - Next topic

Matt76cmich

Nice.  I like the Michael Meyers edition

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RED NECK

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

here is my dads rem 1187 20 gauge in original bottomland.

RED NECK

I went and dropped my 1187 off to be drilled & tapped this morning,ill have it back in a few days. The new gunsmith I use has been outstanding and so much better than the 2 others I had used for a decade.The work has been superb compared to the other "blind" ones.

RED NECK

I picked my gun up from being drilled & tapped this morning, I am either going to install my vortex venom on a warbird mount or a bushnell trs 25, I have not decided yet. I have the hoppes #9 and some scotch brite and brushes on the way from amazon to give the barrel a real good cleaning before I take it out to pattern and dial it in.

RED NECK

I just spent two hours deep cleaning this barrel, It has been the nastiest,dirtiest shotgun barrel I have ever seen, and it is brand new,I used hoppes #9 and It still took me forever,I am finnaly done with it.

I mounted the vortex venom but i am worried I do not have enough play to get it low enough but I will find out when I shoot next weekend,if I don't I am going to use a bushnell trs 25 instead and use the venom on another gun,Im not wasting money on a shim kit, or using tin cans cut into pieces for shims.

RED NECK

I finally got to shoot the gun and pattern it, so I am as low as I can get with the vortex venom, and I am hitting approx 2" high of my aim point with Federal tss #7's, I am ok with that because I always aim at base of neck and it seemed to work perfect, I had to fire 3 tss #7's to get it perfect, as I over adjusted at first left-right,would have been a dead bird but I always try to be "perfect". I didn't waste any other ammo,as I am going to shoot Federal tss #7's from this gun and I am trying to conserve as much as I can,not because of price per say, but because we are starting to go through what you guys have been going through, our supply is dwindiling and It has become harder to find more.

I cant post pictures as I didnt bother at 40 yards, I fired at 50 yards. Everybody knows it patterns at 40 yards. I want all my birds within 40 yards but i also want to make sure my guns are capable of a "mistake" on yardage judging, and everybody can do it,as I have been bow hunting for 30 years and consider myself a real good judge of yardage.

I'll shoot tss #7's until I can shoot 9's, from this gun. I am happy with it,not really a lot to mess with, I fired some target loads to get the venom close, at 12 yards and then stepped back,at 12 yards the tss #7's are tight, I like my turkeys at 25-30 yards if I have a choice.

I stuck with the .575 Carlson non ported,I didn't even bother with the tightwad .570, It can stay in my 870 pump.