OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

nebraska shot size

Started by bluetick58, January 07, 2022, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluetick58

i saw on nebraska game and parks it now says shot size 2 or smaller glad they made the change i used #9 every where but there in the states i hunt

Matt76cmich

Can't wait to use my 20 gauge out there now. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

Yeah they needed a change there

Alex T.

They changed it to accommodate the TSS loads.

Dtrkyman

Has anyone gotten checked for shot size?  I thin I have only been check turkey hunting twice?  License, tags see ya later.

I have a few Hevi shot number 7s left and the original box if I go to a state with shot restrictions.  but honestly are they really going to check?  And if I have have hand loads are they going to cut em open?

joey46

Ask a duck hunter this same question.  You may be surprised. 

Dtrkyman

I duck hunt all the time, have had my plug checked never the shells.  Been checked hunting ducks more than anything else i hunt combined!

joey46

In the good old days the game wardens often carried magnets to test waterfowl hunters for lead shot in handloads.  I'm dating myself but it once was a big deal.  I'm sure that now any obvious factory load will be accepted at face value.  Good luck.

NCL

Quote from: joey46 on January 13, 2022, 06:53:55 PM
In the good old days the game wardens often carried magnets to test waterfowl hunters for lead shot in handloads.  I'm dating myself but it once was a big deal.  I'm sure that now any obvious factory load will be accepted at face value.  Good luck.

I remember the wardens checking shells with magnets and if I remember correctly it was a $25.00 fine per shell

Dtrkyman

I always heard of the wardens having magnets,  I have had them go through everything in my duck boat, but I think when I starting duck hunting they just glanced at the boxes.  I started duck hunting in the 90s so I think steel was well established and the old timers were no longer sneaking lead in.

I will say a friend of mine had a random pheasant load on him once, we got checked and he palmed it inside his glove the whole time we were being checked!

wvmntnhick

I feel like the whole concept is stupid really. What's wrong with lead? Sure a couple fowl may fly off and die and some critter might eat it and later die. Sure it gets into the water and some of those places are being used as a water supply for a nearby town. But the people in Michigan were drinking water filled with lead and methane (I believe) for years and look at them. They all doing just fine.

Before someone gets bent out of shape, please understand this was written with sarcasm in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk