OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May have found my best Minimalist Set-up yet?

Started by Tom007, May 28, 2022, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treein dixie

How you keep from braking those push pins ?

Tom007

Quote from: treein dixie on May 28, 2022, 10:03:14 PM
How you keep from braking those push pins ?

I have sock-like covers, they work great. Then the pouch I use is pretty padded. Works great.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: Cowboy on May 28, 2022, 08:09:41 PM
Like the setup. Thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You bet, be well.
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

It appears as though you only carry push buttons and a couple of yelpers. That's interesting and unique, have you always only used those calls or have you "honed down" to those?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on May 29, 2022, 11:14:30 AM
It appears as though you only carry push buttons and a couple of yelpers. That's interesting and unique, have you always only used those calls or have you "honed down" to those?

Mainly am a push-pin guy. I like the yelpers  too, but I need practice with them. The push pins have been real good for me the last 4 years. I am a light caller, clucks, very light yelps, feeding purrs. It's led to success on some older Tom's. I also rely on my mouth diaphragm.....be well
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

I also want to add that most of the calls I hear while hunting are soft, quiet, subtle calls. The push-pins can mimic fantastic clucks, feeding purrs, and very soft yelps. I realize that this is the closest thing to what I hear from real hens. Be safe......
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

Tom007

Quote from: the Ward on May 29, 2022, 05:52:32 PM
Great setup Tom.

Thanks my friend, took many years to find it, but it looks like it's gonna be my set-up moving forward....
Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on May 29, 2022, 05:47:54 PM
I also want to add that most of the calls I hear while hunting are soft, quiet, subtle calls. The push-pins can mimic fantastic clucks, feeding purrs, and very soft yelps. I realize that this is the closest thing to what I hear from real hens. Be safe......

Completely agree, most hens are subtle and light talkers. I have taken only one with a pushpin but I don't carry them much. Nice little arsenal you've chosen!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Quote from: Zobo on May 29, 2022, 07:49:36 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on May 29, 2022, 05:47:54 PM

Completely agree, most hens are subtle and light talkers. I have taken only one with a pushpin but I don't carry them much. Nice little arsenal you've chosen!

Thanks my friend, be safe....
"Solo hunter"

RLAG

Tom, you mind shooting me the link to that larger pouch? I am on the same quest as you. Ran an alps sling pack this past season. Wasn't bad but got annoyed with taking it on and off every sit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: RLAG on May 30, 2022, 08:31:51 PM
Tom, you mind shooting me the link to that larger pouch? I am on the same quest as you. Ran an alps sling pack this past season. Wasn't bad but got annoyed with taking it on and off every sit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Will post it here for everyone. Here it is..
"Solo hunter"

limb_hanger

I have that same cushion and agree that it is very comfortable, lightweight, and also quiet. Also will add that trophyline came out with a sling style pack that is very minimalist and has tons of pockets. I got it at the end of the season so can't comment on actual field use but think I will like it a lot . I too use push pins a lot and they led to both of my birds this spring . Clucks and soft calling is what I hear in the woods anymore - not loud calling , cutting , etc

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk