OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 shooters

Started by duxrus, May 26, 2022, 04:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: bbcoach on May 28, 2022, 09:17:46 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 28, 2022, 02:29:22 AM
I personally don't shoot an 835, but several of my friends do. They shoot Winchester Hi-Velocity 3-1/2" #5 shells through the Mossberg factory turkey choke (which I believe is an extra full). All of them have routinely killed gobblers between 50-60 yards WITHOUT using TSS.
Makes you wonder what they could do with TSS.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
My point EXACTLY with TSS and 12 gauges!  Definitely overkill with Todays guns, loads and chokes.

So... My Ol' Mossy has been retired pretty much. It's equipped with a jelly head and shot Mag Blend and Winchesters HV 5 as well. As a matter of fact all Wins HV 4, 5 or 6 did great with that choke.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Crghss

I use Browning TSS 3" 1.75 oz. With Factory x-full. It does more then I need.

Next year will be a 20 ga with tss, that 835 is just too long and heavy.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Turkeybutt

I sold my 835 a few months ago for $350 and I guess some younger guy bought it and I hope kills some turkeys with it.
Great gun and it did the job it was intended to do but damn it was heavy for an old man to carry around and it kicked like a rented mule!  It weighed in at over 10.5 lbs!
I like my Benelli M2 20-gauge weighs 5.7 lbs and I got a Stevens 301  410 gauge 5.6 lbs both are turkey slayers!

kytrkyhntr

.676 Carlson hevi shot choke and apex 9s

655 jebs with federal 9s

I've had good luck with them

Better with the apex and open choke
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

ol bob

835 is a turkey killing machine, but what little time I have left I hope I never pull the trigger on another one.