OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 11-87 super mag shoots right

Started by Mo_turkey_hunter, January 03, 2022, 01:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_turkey_hunter

Howdy,

Was curious if anyone knew how to get a gun to shoot more like the bead. I have a 11-87 super mag and it patterns great but it's 3" right. I tried a rifle sight and it shoots straight but it shoots 6" high with the elevated sight. I'd rather not shoot a red dot.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Check your magazine tube for straightness. I've seen where a slight bend in the tube can cause the barrel not to sit right and throw off POI a bit. Most times you can fix a slight bend, make sure mag cap is nice and tight. Hope it solves your problem. Good luck...
"Solo hunter"

Which Gun

Have you tried another choke tube? Have you tried different shell? One of my guns shoots lead and tss different impact using red dot.

crow

Quote from: Mo_turkey_hunter on January 03, 2022, 01:38:26 AM
Howdy,

Was curious if anyone knew how to get a gun to shoot more like the bead. I have a 11-87 super mag and it patterns great but it's 3" right. I tried a rifle sight and it shoots straight but it shoots 6" high with the elevated sight. I'd rather not shoot a red dot.
Any suggestions?

The rifle sight brought your pattern centered from where it was 3" to the right, but made it shoot 6" high.

If  you have already lowered the rear sight as far as it will go, then you need a taller front sight to lower POI

The tech dept. at Brownells could probably give you an idea of how much taller a front bead you'll need.

Mo_turkey_hunter

Quote from: crow on January 03, 2022, 01:14:34 PM
Howdy,

Any suggestions?

The rifle sight brought your pattern centered from where it was 3" to the right, but made it shoot 6" high.

If  you have already lowered the rear sight as far as it will go, then you need a taller front sight to lower POI

The tech dept. at Brownells could probably give you an idea of how much taller a front bead you'll need.
I like a rifle sight so I will try and get a taller bead! That will probably work perfect

crow

if you call Brownell's they will probably need the height of your rear sight above the rib and same for the front bead

diyj98

Was curious if anyone knew how to get a gun to shoot more like the bead. I have a 11-87 super mag and it patterns great but it's 3" right.

Rifle sights are the easiest fix, but I've had to bend a few shotgun barrels that didn't shoot off in the past.  Using a dial indicator to monitor the bend, I once fixed an 11-87 barrel that shot several inches off.

Mo_turkey_hunter

I ordered a high front sight so hopefully I can get it closer.

tracker#1

I had the same issue with one. Off a foot to the left. A gunsmith found out the choke thread was crooked from the factory. He cut the barrel and re-threaded it and I installed fiber optics truglo Mangum gobbler getter adjustable sight. POA is perfect now

Mo_turkey_hunter

Quote from: tracker#1 on January 04, 2022, 10:18:58 AM
I had the same issue with one. Off a foot to the left. A gunsmith found out the choke thread was crooked from the factory. He cut the barrel and re-threaded it and I installed fiber optics truglo Mangum gobbler getter adjustable sight. POA is perfect now
How much was it to cut and rethread the barrel?

tracker#1

2 inches

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

tracker#1

Gunsmith charged me $60 several years ago

Old Timer

My son had an 870, barrel and receiver was not flush. Sent it in under warranty they did some machining on it and it was better but not 100 percent. Had same problem with a new 1187 years back and Remington replaced firearm I sold it new in box. Before I did anything I would have a reputable smith take a look at it. Remington was always easy to deal with sorry their gone. Good luck and let us know outcome.